I do not have kindle.. how can I get the books that are only offered that way?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
fatemeh133
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatemeh133.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

I do not have kindle.. how can I get the books that are only offered that way?

Post by fatemeh133 » 29 Jan 2018, 14:43

Hi,
the topic sums it up.
I can not get the books offered on kindle because I do not have a kindle account. I am an old fashioned reader. I prefer books in my hand, oven if it is a print out. So is there anyway I can get the books that are offered through kindle?

jessinikkip
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading: A Stranger in the House
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip » 02 Feb 2018, 10:56

Without having an account on Amazon, I don't believe so because they aren't a downloadable option, it just sends the text to your Kindle app or device. You can download the free Kindle app to your phone or computer instead of buying the Kindle device though.

MezzoNoMore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MezzoNoMore » 12 Feb 2018, 08:57

I agree with Jessi, best option is to get the free app for your phone or tablet. You can buy the ebooks on Amazon and they’ll be available to read in the app.

Zuribooks
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zuribooks.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Zuribooks » 12 Feb 2018, 18:13

Im doing that too, i have all the books in my kindle app, and even if i download them from a computer they will always be in the devise i register in.

jessinikkip
2018 Reading Goal: 60
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading: A Stranger in the House
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessinikkip.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jessinikkip » 12 Feb 2018, 20:10

The good news is that you can register multiple devices and read across them. For example, I can read a book to page 100 on my Kindle, pick up on my phone app and read to page 200, pick it up on my computer app to page 250 and then switch to my Kindle again to the end. It saves where I am no matter where I log in on any of my devices that I've logged into Amazon.

DancingLady
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal: 0
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Napalm's Embrace by W. Thomas Leonard

Post by DancingLady » 20 Feb 2018, 15:26

You should be able to get the Kindle app on many different devices. I even have it on my iPod Touch, though I would not recommend spending hours and hours reading on a phone or iPod screen as there really is no way for them to be made relaxing for the eyes.

If you can save up a little, you can get a basic Kindle for it too much, especially if you are willing to get a refurbished one.

SLD
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 62
Currently Reading: Do a Little Wrong
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by SLD » 23 Feb 2018, 00:38

I just downloaded the kindle app onto my phone, my tablets, & my computers. I get most of my e-books through the public library. Once I check them out I can then download then to read by clicking on the kindle icon. That directs my screen to my Amazon account, where I can go to "my devices & content" and download the book on any, or all, of my electronic devices. It's really nice, because if I'm reading on my phone, but next time want to read on my tablet, it automatically asks me if I want to go to the page where I stopped reading on the earlier device.

morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 » 06 Apr 2018, 12:18

Thanks everyone, your posts have been really helpful, I'll also try to follow the procedures to get the kiddle.

Ebonez_nahmi
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebonez-nahmi.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Ebonez_nahmi » 23 Apr 2018, 11:52

Okay, so I just downloaded the free kindle app on my PC, but I am still not getting any books! I don't see a download option on my amazon page and clicking the book title or the kindle version link doesn't do anything for me. The kindle app itself just shows zero for everything: library, collections, downloads, everything!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I really am not getting the hang of this. Please help!
A book a day keeps the boredom away :lol:

meadhbh
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 20
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: beyond rock bottom by Kara Petrovic

Post by meadhbh » 30 Apr 2018, 16:37

Ebonez_nahmi wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 11:52
Okay, so I just downloaded the free kindle app on my PC, but I am still not getting any books! I don't see a download option on my amazon page and clicking the book title or the kindle version link doesn't do anything for me. The kindle app itself just shows zero for everything: library, collections, downloads, everything!
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I really am not getting the hang of this. Please help!
Have you tried logging in to the app with your Amazon account?

Shaggy-Reads
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 101
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 388
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads » 11 May 2018, 12:53

Downloading the app on hour devices isn’t enough. You also have to register and add tour devices to your amazing account. All of this is Free and only takes a few minutes. You then set your most used device as your default but can send the books to every device also. I only read on my phone if I’m out of the house and have run the battery down on my kindle fire. I agree hat you should leave reading to a larger device to reduce eye strain. You can get a refurbished kindle for little money now if you are patient and look around. If you don’t want to go that route you can do as I said before as well as others before me. Utilize the free app across your devices and enjoy. Don’t forget to register and create your account to be able to download books. I search “free kindle books” every month and download a ton when they are available. It is a great way to find new authors and series you may have never run across otherwise.

Sushan
2018 Reading Goal: 10
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 60
Currently Reading: The Devil's Fool
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Sushan » 27 May 2018, 11:12

Let me suggest a way. If you are a reviewer at online book club, the book you choose to review, they will give you a copy in any format you request. You can get it in pdf form, print it, read it and destroy it since it is illegal and unethical to have a copy of that. Try it 👍👍
:techie-studyingbrown: $u$han €kanayak€ :techie-studyingbrown:

bello22
2018 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading: A Kingdom Forgotten
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello22.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by bello22 » 30 May 2018, 01:41

Some books come in only kindle format and the amazon kindle app is not yet available in my country's app store. So sad.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”