Amazon Kindle

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

is the Amazon Kindle worth buying?

yes
86%
no
14%

Total votes: 22

augusteh
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-augusteh.html

Re: Amazon Kindle

Post by augusteh »

I have the free download Kindle from Amazon and it works fine. However, when I go online on a book's page on the Amazon site and use their preview reader it is far easier to read than the Kindle application. Since it's free, though, it's usable and definitely worth the "investment".
The Bookaholic
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookaholic.html
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill

Post by The Bookaholic »

Kindles are definetly useful, however, my sister is on her third one since last feb, as they kept on breaking.
Latest Review: "Caught Between Two Curses" by Margo L. Dill
AndreaJ

Post by AndreaJ »

I have a Kindle Fire. At first I bought it to read and for the kids to play games but I should have just bought a regular Kindle. All I do is read and I wont let the kids touch it. I take it everywhere in case I need to fill some downtime during my day.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I am on my third kindle as well, bit I still think it is great. Amazon service is good as well.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Inemenoneviem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inemenoneviem.html

Post by Inemenoneviem »

I was given the Kindle yesterday (yay!) and I can't get enough of it, I found my passion to read again, it's a lot easier, you don't have to carry books bigger than pillows, it doesn't hurt my eyes and, oh, SOOOO MANY FREE BOOKS! I'm pretty sure I'm in heaven right now :3
thewyp_1

Post by thewyp_1 »

I love my Kindle. I have unlimited access to many free books which tide me over until one of the series I am following publishes. Additionally, search and review on Amazon allows me to consider a book for purchase after I have read a portion that is allowed to be viewed.
amanda8706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda8706.html

Post by amanda8706 »

I love My kindle!!! I was running out of space for all my books in my office. But with my kindle I can have an unlimited amount of books.
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

It is worth getting a kindle it you travel a lot or need a tablet.
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
bovaird50A

Post by bovaird50A »

Best thing that ever happened to me was my husband buying me a Kindle for my 50th 3 years ago. I have 1,333 books downloaded in that time. Amazing device. I still get a kick of buying / downloading a book at the click of a button.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

I enjoy my Kindle but if you travel a lot it moves up from enjoyable to mandatory. Consider traveling with a few hundred books you actually want to read.

I live in Mexico and prefer reading in English. For 13 years I read what I could find. Now I can read what I want to read. it's lovely.
317police

Post by 317police »

Yes, I like the Kindle just not for reading. E-Reading is very hard on the eyes. I do have several books for it;however, I really prefer an actual phyiscal book.

Josh
mochababy70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mochababy70.html

Post by mochababy70 »

The Kindle Paper White is worth the money to read books off of.
shalom113
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by shalom113 »

Really enjoy my Kindle Fire from Amazon. It was inexpensive and able to navigate around freely without any glitches. It is invaluable in conjunction with being a member of an online book club.I still really luv the look & feel of a real book though.
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 »

I don't have a kiddle yet, but am considering to get it very soon.
Aisha I
Currently Reading: Dead Lock
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-i.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Aisha I »

considering their amounts so far, I don't think they're that expensive. other advantages you have is having free books, getting your book easily published as an author, and getting to meet new people with new views about a particular topic, book and much more. all these are ways we learn better than getting to read alone on paper backs. so amazon and kindle are best for you!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”