Reading other formats on kindle

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
KAMama
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS: A Physician's Advice (Snake Oil Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamama.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Reading other formats on kindle

Post by KAMama »

Anybody have any suggestions on reading books in other formats on the kindle? I recently read a .PDF on my kindle and I tried 3 different apps before I found one that I could open the file. Then I had to readjust the font size after almost every page turn. :cry:
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
mariacarolinea
Currently Reading: The Selection
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariacarolinea.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mariacarolinea »

Have you tried emailing your kindle with the subject "convert"? Just the PDF file and the write "convert" in the subject. It works for me every time! Some words end up being together but it's not a big deal.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

KAMama wrote: 03 May 2017, 03:01 Anybody have any suggestions on reading books in other formats on the kindle? I recently read a .PDF on my kindle and I tried 3 different apps before I found one that I could open the file. Then I had to readjust the font size after almost every page turn. :cry:
You can convert the format via the free Calibre App and then move it to your kindle.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

I have downloaded the pdf and read in kindle. The main limitations that the fonts and page cannot be called as we do for the books.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”