Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » E-Books and E-Readers » Kindle Discussion and Support

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Kindle Fire or Other

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

Kindle Fire or Other

Post Number:#1 by Kendrag
» 11 Feb 2017, 10:17

I currently have a kindle fire but I have a hard time reading inn right lights like outside and find I have to recharge a lot. For someone who primarily uses a kindle for reading what version would you other readers recommend? What are some pros and cons of other kindle models? Thank you!
Kendrag

Currently Reading: Gone The Next
Bookshelf Size: 160 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 6 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 30 Books
Goal Completion: 10%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Kindle Fire or Other

Post Number:#2 by kandscreeley
» 11 Feb 2017, 10:58

The basic Kindle model is good for bright lights but it also doesn't have a light. So you can't read when it's pitch black.
“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway
kandscreeley's Latest Review: "The Crying Tree Diary" by Lorah Green
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader

Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 105 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
Goal Completion: 86%

Re: Kindle Fire or Other

Post Number:#3 by Kendrag
» 11 Feb 2017, 11:22

I would really like one with a backlights as well so that I could read in the dark! Do you have any cons of the models that also have the backlight?
Kendrag

Currently Reading: Gone The Next
Bookshelf Size: 160 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Fire HD 6 Tablet
2017 Reading Goal: 30 Books
Goal Completion: 10%