Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » E-Books and E-Readers » Kindle Discussion and Support

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

7th generation kindle

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

7th generation kindle

Post Number:#1 by Diving doc
» 06 Dec 2016, 06:02

Hi, I'm considering getting a new kindle. My current one is a 7th generation with a 6" glare free touchscreen, and I've had it around 2years.

The issues I'm having with it are-
Runs very slow when airplane mode off
Battery runs down completely in about 20 minutes when connected to wifi
Can't review books directly from it

Can anyone tell me if these issues are present in a new kindle?
Diving doc

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: 7th generation kindle

Post Number:#2 by Christina O Phillips
» 31 Mar 2017, 14:26

Hi,
I'm new and I see that this post is from December, but I'm answering anyway.
I have a Kindle Paperwhite and am thrilled that my battery lasts up to a month from one charge. I don't have any of the issues you are talking about either.
Christina O Phillips's Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Christina O Phillips

Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1279 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books
Goal Completion: 121%