Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » E-Books and E-Readers » Kindle Discussion and Support

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Is the Kindle Paperwhite worth it?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

Is the Kindle Paperwhite worth it?

Post Number:#1 by juliek323
» 02 Jun 2016, 00:57

So I have a Kindle touch. It was a hand me down from my mom whem she got a paperwhite, but the touch is starting to get old and wear out. Does anyone have any feedback on whether the paperwhite is as good as my mom claims? Thanks!
juliek323

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Is the Kindle Paperwhite worth it?

Post Number:#2 by Carole_37
» 08 Jun 2016, 15:43

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and I love it. You can adjust the light on your kindle to your satisfaction.
Carole_37

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#3 by Muhammad Nadeem
» 23 Sep 2016, 13:15

I also have Kindle Paperwhite, it's good for reading.
Muhammad Nadeem

Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Currently Reading: The Art of thinking Clearly
Bookshelf Size: 74 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 10 Books
Goal Completion: 10%

Post Number:#4 by Lauren M
» 23 Sep 2016, 16:26

I love my paperwhite! I've had the kindle 2 and 3 versions. Most of the time when I read is at night and being able to have the built in light is amazing. Surprisingly is isn't bright like a phone, but has a soft light that doesn't strain your eyes. I highly recommend it. Even if you are reading during the day, the light is adjustable and can enhance your reading experience.
Lauren M

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 52 Books

Post Number:#5 by Scout Avem
» 08 Oct 2016, 09:59

I have the kindle fire that I use it for everything. However, if you're looking for something only for reading, the paperwhite is definitely worth it. It's much easier on the eyes at night and the battery lasts way longer.
Scout Avem

Post Number:#6 by DB44
» 08 Oct 2016, 11:25

The Paperwhite is excellent and well worth it. I upgraded from the touch when the Paperwhite first came out and loved it. It is the ereader I was waiting for since I was a 10 year old reading under the covers by torch light. If you have a Touch imho the decision to upgrade to a front-lit reader is a no-brainer, and the Paperwhite seems to represent very good value at the moment.
DB44

Currently Reading: Breaths in Winter
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:

Post Number:#7 by Samsulli
» 17 Oct 2016, 20:43

I also am thinking about getting a Kindle Paperwhite. It seems really cool, but I've never had a kindle before and just used my old iPad 2 to read. However, it is getting really old and running out of space quickly, and crashes all of the time. I want a kindle but since the Paperwhite is relatively new it is pretty pricey. Should I bother getting it or go for one of the older models?
Samsulli

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16 books

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#8 by nitishp051843
» 23 Dec 2016, 08:07

Yes it is.You can be satisfied with investment you do.
nitishp051843

Currently Reading:

View Reviewer Page

Post Number:#9 by Kony
» 28 Dec 2016, 21:39

Hi,
I was just on the Amazon site and saw that there is a new Kindle Paperwhite version available Jan.10.2016. It has 300 ppi, and has a version with 3gb where you can connect anywhere (is this also new?). I have not used a Kindle so far, any thoughts as to this being a good purchase?
Kony

Post Number:#10 by Ash and Stars
» 16 Oct 2017, 03:38

I definitely think it's worth it. It's very light and the built in light is so handy for reading at night.
Ash and Stars

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 582 books

View Reviewer Page