Debating

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Aijaace
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Bookshelf Size: 157
fav_author_id: 3720

Debating

Post by Aijaace »

I have been an avid loyal physical book reader all my life, with the occasional PDFs that I cannot get a physical copy of, but with technology moving forward I am finding less and less books that I want to read in a physical version. I am debating whether I should sacrifice those books that I so desperately want to read, or getting a kindle so I can read them but having to stare at a screen to read all the time. I need help, I am not sure what I should do.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I suggest to buy a kindle. I got one and I'm very satisfied with it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I agree with gali - a Kindle is worth it. I was the same way, loyal physical book reader, before I got a Kindle, and now I love reading on it! Also, it is so easy to get so many books and switch to what you'd like to read without lugging so much extra weight.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Aijaace
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Bookshelf Size: 157
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Aijaace »

gali wrote:I suggest to buy a kindle. I got one and I'm very satisfied with it.
Thank you, I surely will now

-- 28 Apr 2016, 11:54 --
hsimone wrote:I agree with gali - a Kindle is worth it. I was the same way, loyal physical book reader, before I got a Kindle, and now I love reading on it! Also, it is so easy to get so many books and switch to what you'd like to read without lugging so much extra weight.
That all make sense, I'll start checking them out
Martina_Reads
Currently Reading: Mindfulness
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-reads.html

Post by Martina_Reads »

What kind do you recommend. It seems like there are many kinds and I am not very tech savvy. I am currently using Kindle on my computer and think I might like to give it a try.
Jacque33
Currently Reading: Intrusion
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacque33.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Jacque33 »

I love my Paperwhite Kindle. I was a lot like you, loving my physical books. After having a baby almost 5 years ago I received one as a gift and it changed my life! Seriously! It was so much easier to put it down without loosing my place or change pages with one hand. I still love physical books and head to the library when I can, but with things like Amazon Prime, I can get a free book every month before it's released. The new Paperwhite is all touch screen, but you can read it outside in sunlight. You'd still need a lamp on at night, but it's the closest thing to a real book that a computer can get. The Fire has some great advantages, such as the back light and being able to get on the internet. Hope it helps!
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”