- Posts: 8
- Joined: 21 Oct 2015, 16:41
- Currently Reading: Season of Hate
- Bookshelf Size: 98
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pedwar64.html
When I first heard of e-books I totally pooh-poohed them. Why would an avid reader like myself be so disloyal to "books"!?
Then I started to really think about the idea. How could having access to a huge amount of books, any books I wanted, be such a bad thing??
One Christmas a few years ago my family bought me a Kindle. I was unsure at first about my feelings towards this small device. My kids set it up for me & showed me how to use it and next thing I knew I had all my favourite books on this one deceptive looking device.
Don't get me wrong - I still buy books from my favourite authors to add to my collections and I am still a regular at my local library but I also regularly check the Kindle Store on Amazon and will purchase things of interest ( some are amazingly cheap!).
My Kindle accompanies me on every holiday. I used to struggle to fit my books in my suitcase, especially if travelling for a while. You have to have several books to ensure you're not going to run out of reading material mid-holiday! Now I take about 30 odd books with me so easily!
In summary, I think I will always be a "book" girl but I totally love the convenience of my Kindle.
The bottom line is: As long as I can immerse myself in another world, learn something, or just be entertained it doesn't really bother me which format I choose to do so. xx
- Site Admin
- Posts: 25647
- Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 105
- Currently Reading: The Cat Who Blew the Whistle
- Bookshelf Size: 1779
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
- Reading Device: B00I15SB16
- Location: Lost in a good book