Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
LadySunshine
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladysunshine.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Kindle Unlimited Or No?

Post by LadySunshine »

I have thought about getting the Kindle UUnlimited; but although I do read a lot, I don't think that I would read enough books each month to be worth paying for the subsription fee . Also, since you are only borrowing the books , you are actually paying for only the privilege of reading them, as opposed to owning the book.
I have Amazon Prime, and a Kindle; so I can and do use the Kindle Lending Library for books that cost more, and I just want to read them, but don't need them in my library. I also get a free book each month through the Kindle First program. They send you a selection each month, and you can choose one book to read for free.
This way, most of the books that I read for entertainment are free, and the ones that I have to buy because I want to keep, I can do with the money I saved by not having the Kindle Unlimitd membership.
braver
Currently Reading: Playing Big
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braver.html
Latest Review: "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by braver »

This was really helpful! I've been curious about KU, but it sounds like I'm better off sticking with my current strategy of Overdrive through my library.
Latest Review: "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan
herc_72
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=7309">On the Road</a>
Currently Reading: The $100 Startup
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by herc_72 »

Does anyone knows if amazon plans to make kindle unlimited available in Greece anytime soon ?
Lo2211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lo2211.html

Post by Lo2211 »

I have been using Kindle Unlimited for probably at least 6 Months and I LOVE IT! If you only want to read well known and mainstream books that are popular now then Kindle Unlimited is probably not for you. Of course there are newer/popular books on there too (like the hunger games, harry potter, and a few others) but mostly there are books that are written by newer authors, newer books that aren't popular yet, etc. I have found many, many, many great books that I probably never would have stumbled across if I didn't have Kindle Unlimited. I am a person that really hates to spend money on a book if I am not sure that it will be good & I hate to pay for a book and end up hating it - so that's what is so great about Kindle Unlimited - If you don't like it just return it and download another one in its place. It's no big deal because you didn't have to really pay for it. So, if you love to read and enjoy discovering new authors & books I would suggest giving Kindle Unlimited a try!
san2one

Post by san2one »

I have been getting Kindle Unlimited for about six months. If you are an avid reader with eclectic tastes, this will work for you. You are borrowing the books and can keep up to ten at a time. If however, you are part of a Book club that requires you to pick specific books each month or are devoted to a particular genre, you may find it wanting. Unsure? Try the free month of membership and see for yourself.
Dayline13
Currently Reading: Green Shadows, White Whale
Bookshelf Size: 45

Post by Dayline13 »

I tried it free for a month, the books I really wanted to read were not part of it & you can only do 10 a month. I cancelled it before the mo th was over. I would not get it. If you have prime you already get a free book a month & their free bestsellers are usually pretty great.
Janujanani
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janujanani.html

Post by Janujanani »

Hmm I have the same doubt. I love holding book in my hand and have a big library who has all kinds of collections here and I don't want to be spending any money on kindle. Just downloaded the app and see how 30 day trail works and if it's worth it and decide later.
weeh84
Currently Reading: Paradise Lost
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weeh84.html
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by weeh84 »

I recently downloaded the kindle unlimited free for the first month. I have found quite a few books that I have enjoyed reading; however, I'm not sure the price is truly worth it in the long run. I'm an avid library user. I can download books for free from the library's website. I will probably use it the first month then go back to my original routine.
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
NayDenise
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naydenise.html
Latest Review: "Back To You" by Chontelle Brison

Post by NayDenise »

I've been using Kindle Unlimited on and off for a few months and I do like it. My only gripe is that you don't own the books. You borrow them. It's cool since I like to read various stories from different writers. There aren't many "well-known" books on Kindle Unlimited, but it's awesome to have every now and then to read books on the go. I do enjoy the spur of the moment reads KU is worth it for say a weekend trip or longer one. As of now I do have KU, but I may not renew next month. I always go back and forth with it.
Latest Review: "Back To You" by Chontelle Brison
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Kindle Unlimited is fine by me, but I don't utilize it as I should as a paying customer. I haven't touched a lot of the KU books, because my attention is drawn to other books. I pledge to clear out my KU books before touching anything else. Lol, I'm finding it hard to commit already.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
jleecarlson
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jleecarlson.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by jleecarlson »

I had KU for a few months when it first came out and it was pretty good. I was very disappointed that you don't actually own the book, just borrowing it. I like hoarding books :) I did find some pretty good books that I might not have been willing to read without it. But in the end I didn't think it was a great system. I do still look for what books they have in KU and still find some good reads.
wandavoy
Currently Reading: Athenticity:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by wandavoy »

It's okay. I can pull down books I normally wouldn't buy and give them a try. I don't use it as much as I should, though, considering the cost. I might have to cancel it for that reason.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Aloha,

For the famous authors, most of them are not covered. I am still researching. I have a I Phone but I have Kindle app, etc.

Blessings?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
Leese09
Currently Reading: Misguided
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leese09.html

Post by Leese09 »

Never heard of kindle unlimited. I will check this out though. Interesting reading all your posts and comments regarding this topic. I am an avid kindle user. Only place I choose to read from. Thank you for making me aware of this. I must have had my head buried in a book and been oblivious to this offer!!
Hillary earl 5150

Post by Hillary earl 5150 »

I think that I would not use the kindle unlimited because I use OverDrive that I use with my public library. Plus I use the amazon prime that gets me free or books that do not cost a lot of money.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”