Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Kindle unlimited-If you're thinking of getting it

Post by 2kasmom »

I also did the 30 day trial. I honestly wish I could afford to keep doing it. There ere a TON of romance authors on there... and that is my favorite choice to read.

I found books that were $6-$9 on there and were from big name authors. People I would love to read and it save me money. If my budget changes over this year - I intend to get kindle unlimited.

I saw authors like:

Elle Kennnedy, Sarna Bowen, Cambria Hebert, Mary Calmes and more!
em_mozingo
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-em-mozingo.html

Post by em_mozingo »

Glad I read this! I've been considering it but now maybe not!
DrRock88

Post by DrRock88 »

Thank you for all the information. I have been looking into Unlimited. It's nice to know what I would be paying for.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

For me, it is worth it. Because with my job, I do read more than 10 books in a month. I read 1 book in about 1.5 days. I can't afford to buy that many books, so I stick to what they have on Kindle Unlimited. While it is a limited selection, it's better than what'd you find if you just stuck to the "free" books. Because I tried that too...
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby

Post by papaya12 »

Thanks for that review! Does anyone actually like Kindle Unlimited? And if you do can you tell me why?
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

I LOVE Kindle Unlimited!
Ok, I know that the options are rather limited if you already have a list of authors and do not want to spend time experimenting with books. However, I read at least one book a day so I find it very reasonable. I also am subscribed to BookBub and obviously this site, so they help me navigate the kindle unlimited selections.
Reasons for why I enjoy my Kindle Unlimited:
1. Famous Authors DO have some of their books on KU. Sometimes. They might not have all of them or even the ones that you were looking for, but there are options out there.
2. You can have 10 books at a time with no time limits. Unlike Scribd which only offers (I believe 2 a month?), 10 books with unlimited is well...limitless (until you cancel your subscription).
3. Amazon is very nice and has good customer service in all my experiences. I was a Prime user for a while and a Kindle Unlimited subscriber for the past 3 years, so maybe it is a loyalty perk. There have been times when I would accidentally buy a book instead of borrow it, but Amazon refunded me quickly.
4. You discover new books. Authors still get paid a little for ever page you read. It is not much BUT it is still help for authors you would have never considered before. Very often I read a new book on KU, love it and review it, only to find it a year later with an improved cover, improved content, and a bestseller title.

TL;DR Kindle Unlimited is the way to go if you read more than 10 books a month and know how to find treasure reads amidst a large selection.
Aakaraw
Currently Reading: The Invisible Man
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aakaraw.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Aakaraw »

Kindle Unlimited is so not worth it. I have been using the kindle mobile app and I am very happy with it. I never felt the need to sign up for kindle unlimited because it does not offer that many facilities such that we would like to spend money on it.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
PinkAngelWings
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinkangelwings.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by PinkAngelWings »

Well, I have always wanted to get the unlimited kindle membership. I never have gotten it, because I kept hearing that it is very suck-ish. I don't like to give these kinds of things a try unless I've done my research. Sure, when I go book hunting, I don't even read the reviews for the said book but that's different. ANYWAYS, I still really want to give this a shot. I mean, yeah they might not have a great selection but it might be beneficial for me. I know what this person said in the question said that if you don't even read 10 books in a month every month then that's considered a rip off, but honestly, I still want kindle unlimited, very, very much.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Sunnyridge
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyridge.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by Sunnyridge »

I tried Kindle Unlimited but did not use it as much as I had hoped, so I discontinued it. I can't say I hated it, it just wasn't worth while for my reading habits.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Joy Christine
Currently Reading: When Things Fall Apart
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-christine.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Reading Device: B00REQL3AE

Post by Joy Christine »

I just got my first Kindle (an Oasis with 3G) last month and will be subscribing to Kindle Unlimited when my free month is over. There are so many books for free and it allows you to try out books that you might not if you had to take the chance and pay for them. I also got an offer from my AMEX Gold card for 30% off a year of Kindle Unlimited so check if you might have a deal like that for an ever better value.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
booklvr66

Post by booklvr66 »

I totally love being a Kindle Unlimited subscriber. What a great entertainment value for $10.66 per month(my cost with tax)!

I love being able to download and start reading a book immediately, without even leaving my reading recliner!

I have been able to get many titles, that my excellent library doesn't even have in the Kindle version yet.
Team Glitch Magic
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Team Glitch Magic »

I have got kindle unlimited and I think it is worth it. It will probably save you hundreds of dollars if you read a lot. Also it is very handy to have so you can search for books on the kindle and find some that are kindle unlimited. I have already gotten twenty books and I think it pays off. Also there are filters for just kindle unlimited, those filters are helpful. Though many of the more popular books are not kindle unlimited.
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by Ash and Stars »

Thank you for your thoughts. Kindle Unlimited won't benefit me because I already own many of the books they offer
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

I use mine A LOT. I read fast and it’s worth it for me. Even with cheaper books, if you’re reading one or two a week it will pay off.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I have been wondering about KU! Thank you for the information and not only doing all the investigative legwork, but taking the time to inform us all.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”