Kindle and Amazon Kindle App

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Ksea
Bookshelf Size: 2

Kindle and Amazon Kindle App

Post by Ksea »

I have an IPad with the Kindle app on it. I am wondering if you can do more with the Kindle than you could with the Amazon Kindle app? I like having the app, because I can do everything with my IPad. Including reading! Just wondering if I am missing out on something more by not having a Kindle.
Mollyrussell22
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Mollyrussell22 »

Hi I have a kindle and to be honest I don't think there would be much difference I just use my kindle to buy books off amazon I know you can use Facebook and that on it but its not great on it so I think you should stick to your IPad.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Mollyrussell22 wrote:Hi I have a kindle and to be honest I don't think there would be much difference I just use my kindle to buy books off amazon I know you can use Facebook and that on it but its not great on it so I think you should stick to your IPad.
I agree, I have both an IPad & Kindle and the only difference I find is that IMO reading on the Kindle is much less stressful on the eyes - I don't like the glare off the IPad screen. Just a matter of personal preference really
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have both a kindle device and Kindle App on my cell and much prefer the kindle itself. It is easier on the eyes and in better quality.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Thanks for all the replies! I do love my IPad! I can do so much with it and read! Which is what I love to do. Thanks again!
CCtheBrave
Favorite Author: Jorge Luis Borges
Currently Reading: Under Wildwood
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ccthebrave.html
Latest Review: "Wild Ozark Nature Journal" by Madison Woods
fav_author_id: 2819

Post by CCtheBrave »

I agree with everyone above, if you have an iPad and the Kindle App, you don't really need the kindle itself, unless you prefer a reader that is a little bit smaller. One cook feature, though, is that if you read off your kindle app (downloaded on your phone), your kindle ebook will sync to your last page read (and vice versa).
read well and write bravely
Latest Review: "Wild Ozark Nature Journal" by Madison Woods
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Thanks! I do have the Kindle app and I do love it. I like that I can have access to so many books!
writingsandreadings
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by writingsandreadings »

Kindles and reader apps on phones are really useful if you're always on the go and if you are travelling around and limited on carrying number of physical books with you. However, holding a book itself and turning the pages and smelling them are on of the most addictive part in reading. So if you're not really limited into using reading gadgets and apps then might as well read the book itself and feel the entire experience. :)
If you dont want to waste your time on thinking, start reading.
- Aman Jassal
beemiegirl
Currently Reading: Don't Be Like Mike
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beemiegirl.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by beemiegirl »

I use my Kindle Fire and the Kindle app on my iPhone. I really enjoy that the two interact and sync. I have to admit that I use my iPhone app more than I do my Kindle. It seems to be the most convenient when commuting. Also, as I said in a different forum, I also use the Kindle app with Kindle Unlimited to listen to audio books while I am on the move in the car. Technology is amazing!!
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

Yes I love technology! I have my iPad with the Kindle app that I love! I can take it with me and i can store lots of books. Although, I'm not much on audio books!
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I prefer reading on my Kindle than the app on my phone. It's less strenuous on the eyes and while it's simple in its function if you are an Amazon Prime Member you can borrow 1 book a month from the Kindle library which isn't much but you can't from the Kindle app, at least from what I've seen.
2124Sunshine
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2124sunshine.html

Post by 2124Sunshine »

I have Kindle app on my iPad and on my phone. I usually go to the Amazon website to purchase books, but I have notice that when I can not purchase books from the app. Although it has been sometime, I have to go to the website to make a purchase, I do not recall that before. However, I love the app. :D
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Kindle apps made reading easier and accessible for me. It helped me save time money and effort. It's just between me and my tablet. While waiting for someone or something, I am able to maximize my time because I could read my book on kindle.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
ajohnson8611
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajohnson8611.html

Post by ajohnson8611 »

I too have the kindle app and a kindle. I honestly find myself using my kindle app on my phone more often than my actual kindle. The kindle is less of a strain for your eyes, but I prefer to leave my kindle home and I like to read during my breaks at work. If I was using the kindle app on an iPad I would most likely prefer the actual Kindle tablet. I just prefer my phone because it's always with me. I would chose the kindle over an iPad.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I have the kindle fire and the only thing I could see you needing an actual "kindle" for vs. the app itself is the use of the documents feature.

This is also a way to recieve books as ARCs or such. You cannot do this with the app, it must be a kindle on a mobile device. Example: phone or tablet.

If you are just using it for the reading - then I agree with what the others have written, the settings for ease of use and adjustments for your eyes and such is best within kindle and its apps.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”