Kindle and Amazon Kindle App

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Kindle and Amazon Kindle App

Post by Erik »

I have an iPad with the Kindle app. I prefer multi-function devices rather than single-use, so I doubt I'd ever buy an ebook reader. With the iPad, I can purchase books, read them, read audiobooks, use the internet, text, write, etc.. cannot do all that with just an ebook reader.
I've never found the iPad screen tough on the eyes, and I'm in my 50s, so my vision is not at all perfect. I spend most of my day in front of some sort of screen (desktop, laptop, large-screen television used as a monitor, iPad, iPhone), and I find the iPad better than most for not contributing badly to eye strain. I think the worst would be my laptop.

-- 05 Jan 2017, 12:37 --
sherriska--22
Currently Reading: Maniac Magee[ MANIAC MAGEE ] By Spinelli, Jerry
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherriska-22.html

Post by sherriska--22 »

I use both the kindle app on my iphone and the kindle paperwhite. I have hundreds of ARCS on my kindle at any given time and actually prefer to use the app on my phone when I am looking for a particular title(to see if I already have a copy). I do this daily when reading online reviews or publisher's upcoming lists, etc. For actual reading though I prefer the kindle simply because it feels easier to hold and I get more words on the page.
patrickt
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by patrickt »

I'm just joining the others. I have Kindles and the app on my phone. The app on the phone is strictly for emergencies, quite rare, when I'm stranded without a Kindle. Since my Kindle rides in my daypack or in my pants pocket I'm rarely without it.

I do all of my book browsing and ordering on my computer. I find differences in using the phone and the Kindle, of course, but not in capability.
winet1965
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winet1965.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by winet1965 »

I love Kindle, primarily because I can buy the new books from new authors from it. They do great reviews also which helps you in your book selection.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by papaya12 »

If your kindle is just an e reader then it's not much different from the app except that it doesn't hurt you eyes, isn't so small, (if like me your kindle app is on your phone) doesn't take up precious phone space, and looks more like a book. However, if you get a Kindle Fire, then you can listen to music, watch movies, go on the internet, and read. It's basically a cheaper Ipad that doesn't force you to open up an app to get to you kindle books.
Frachiah
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Frachiah »

I have an Amazon Kindle App that allows me to purchase books directly from amazon and makes it really easy for me.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”