Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Kyle789
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyle789.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Kyle789 »

I downloaded the book on my android but the file doesn't open. I've tired all the suggestions but none want to work.
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
artemis822
Currently Reading: Master Class
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artemis822.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by artemis822 »

artemis822 wrote:I downloaded the book to both phone(Galaxy s7 edge) and laptop. I have the "send to kindle" app, which had worked previously, but doesn't get received. I can transfer the file. But no matter where I try to drop it, it won't open. It will show up in the app, but as soon as I try to open it I get errors, in app for both PC and Android.

I also tried to use other mobi file readers, and have had no luck with those either. :evil:
Post #89

This hasn't been solved. File will not open. I am able to relocate into the Kindle apps for Android an PC, and it shows in the home screen. But I get an error when I try to open it.

I've also tried to open it using other .mobi Mobile apps, including Calibre, AlReader, Universal Book Reader, Cool Reader, and FBReader. All of them display an error when I try to open the Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty mobi file.

-- 21 Jul 2017, 10:53 --

1. Did you try the solution above? Which one(s)--Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3?
A - I've tried all three, I've also tried to convert the book to pdf and epub.

2. Do you get some kind of specific error message? What does it say exactly?
A - It says that the file can't be opened, and to delete it and re-download it again.

3. What device are you using?
A - Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge Phone and Asus Laptop, can load to either.

4. Have you ever been able to open a mobi file in the Kindle App on that device?
A - I had previous success with other books from this site.

5. Any other details are helpful.
My last two posts about this. Is there an option for a different format?

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file
Post by artemis822 » 19 Jul 2017, 15:08

artemis822 wrote:
I downloaded the book to both phone(Galaxy s7 edge) and laptop. I have the "send to kindle" app, which had worked previously, but doesn't get received. I can transfer the file. But no matter where I try to drop it, it won't open. It will show up in the app, but as soon as I try to open it I get errors, in app for both PC and Android.

I also tried to use other mobi file readers, and have had no luck with those either. :evil:

Post #89

This hasn't been solved. File will not open. I am able to relocate into the Kindle apps for Android an PC, and it shows in the home screen. But I get an error when I try to open it.

I've also tried to open it using other .mobi Mobile apps, including Calibre, AlReader, Universal Book Reader, Cool Reader, and FBReader. All of them display an error when I try to open the Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty mobi file.
KPrins
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by KPrins »

Having same problems cannot open.
Plse can I have extension on time as I am new to using kindle and I see some of my questions is asked here below by other reviewers. ? Going to go through them and and see if I can get myself up and running.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

This might help. I had problem opening a mobi on my phone which has a kindle app and I have 2 other kindle devices.

Moving the file to another folder did not work for me.

What worked was the old school method of sending the file to my kindle devices via the kindle email address.
Penda Isaac Saater

Post by Penda Isaac Saater »

My phone is giving me problem and I am not able to download the book yet, please I crave your indulgence
mukaminjenga
Currently Reading: Murdered
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mukaminjenga »

The book have problem in downloading.
Enzykiram7

Post by Enzykiram7 »

I can't open the book that I want to read.
Glorine john

Post by Glorine john »

I have a problem where I can't download the book
Eloquent

Post by Eloquent »

The device I downloaded the book "Escape" crashed moments after, due to an application upgrade. Hopefully when the device is fixed, I will commence my review.
Glorine john

Post by Glorine john »

I just don't understand how things works here. Kindly can you give me a clue because I want to start reviewing the books and every thing is not working. Answer please
Enzykiram7

Post by Enzykiram7 »

I can't open the book that have chosen

-- 26 Jul 2017, 05:55 --

I Really dont know how to start my review because I cant open the book that I want to read, kindly please help me how. Sent me an Idea.
Thank you!!
Monday Ojenuwa
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Monday Ojenuwa »

My case is slightly different, I tried to download the mobi but it says that the app is not available in my country. Is it possible to always get the books in pdf format?

-- 27 Jul 2017, 12:36 --

Pls, mobi app not available for me in Nigeria. Give us the books In pdf format

-- 27 Jul 2017, 18:18 --

Still waiting for a reply to My previous request or better still permit me to change the book and setting.
Alexander Oluwaseun

Post by Alexander Oluwaseun »

Please I am unable to download the Kindle app at all. It's not available in my country, Nigeria. How do I work around that?
henryc17
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by henryc17 »

I can't download the free book
Tina Rish
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Tina Rish »

I have tried to download trip to Adele without success. It is not downloading

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”