Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
primeRex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primerex.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by primeRex »

Answer1- No, because they are irrelevant to my issue
Answer 2- Yes. I am required to download the book in question using amazon gift certificate which I neither have nor did I specify to be something I have
Answer 3- A laptop computer
Answer 4- Yes I have
Answer 5- The link eventually opens at Amazon and I can find my way through downloading. I think it may have something to do with the Amazon Gift Card which I do not have nor have I specified to have.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

primeRex wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 21:45 Answer1- No, because they are irrelevant to my issue
Answer 2- Yes. I am required to download the book in question using amazon gift certificate which I neither have nor did I specify to be something I have
Answer 4- Yes I have
Answer 5- The link eventually opens at Amazon and I can find my way through downloading. I think it may have something to do with the Amazon Gift Card which I do not have nor have I specified to have.
If the format is amazon gift card, you did choose it when selecting the book . If you can't use this format, you need to quit the book via your Update tab. Please be more careful when selecting books and update your Preferences accordingly.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 14:18 I can't download the Kindle app. It says the app isn't available in my country. What do I do?
You shouldn't pick books that require that App.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
BookMarkedReviews
Currently Reading: The Three Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookmarkedreviews.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by BookMarkedReviews »

I've been trying to download a book via Amazon, which is supposed to be free. However, when I click on the link to the giveaway in my country (UK) it asks me to pay.
primeRex
Currently Reading:

Post by primeRex »

gali wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 22:41
primeRex wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 21:45 Answer1- No, because they are irrelevant to my issue
Answer 4- Yes I have
If the format is amazon gift card, you did choose it when selecting the book . If you can't use this format, you need to quit the book via your Update tab. Please be more careful when selecting books and update your Preferences accordingly.
Please direct me on how to quit the book at the Update page. I cannot locate an option for this purpose. Thanks
gali

Post by gali »

primeRex wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:24
Answer 4- Yes I have
Please direct me on how to quit the book at the Update page. I cannot locate an option for this purpose. Thanks
You quit it via the Update tab, but you may need to confirm that you downloaded the book first.
A retired Admin/Mod

primeRex
Currently Reading:

Post by primeRex »

gali wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:49

You quit it via the Update tab, but you may need to confirm that you downloaded the book first.
Hi, I have confirmed the download yet there is no option to quit. In stead I got the notice that I had notified that I had finished reading and should submit. I really need help here to quit this.
gali

Post by gali »

primeRex wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 09:00
gali wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:49

Hi, I have confirmed the download yet there is no option to quit. In stead I got the notice that I had notified that I had finished reading and should submit. I really need help here to quit this.
You should have confirmed the download only, not that you finished the book. One of the options should be that you don't want to finish the book. If you don't see it, you should submit an error report via the Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

LittleJake16
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LittleJake16 »

I've tried to download the appropriate aps to no avail. I've tried to answer the numerous emails but kept getting error reports to the link. I think my phone is just incapable of downloading Kindle.
primeRex
Currently Reading:

Post by primeRex »

I did confirm the download only...
gali

Post by gali »

primeRex wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 12:23 I did confirm the download only...
What options do you have? Try to check it via a PC, if you are using a cell.
A retired Admin/Mod

Joshchonoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Joshchonoko »

I downloaded the PDF file twice but it disappears immediately after minimizing, when I checked the download files folder the title of the book is there but it cannot open, it will then write "invalid format" because the file size is already 0 bytes.
gali

Post by gali »

Joshchonoko wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 04:47 I downloaded the PDF file twice but it disappears immediately after minimizing, when I checked the download files folder the title of the book is there but it cannot open, it will then write "invalid format" because the file size is already 0 bytes.
You should submit an error report via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Jennifry
Currently Reading:

Post by Jennifry »

1. I did not try any of the solutions.
2. I received a message that notified me that the book did not download.
3. Infinix smart phone
4. No, I've not done that before.
5. If there is another ebook reader that can be installed which is compatible with most smart phones, it will help. Thanks for your help.
kuwan
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by kuwan »

Hi i have a laptop and i downloaded the kindle app for pc but it is unable to read my phone when it is plugged in and i still have problems downloading the book form amazon

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”