Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Oreofeoluwagbemiro
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreofeoluwagbemiro.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Oreofeoluwagbemiro »

I downloaded sigmoid smelly socks ut wasn't able to open it because it kept saying no application to perform the action. Moved it to the file manager & it's still the same thing. I don't know how to do the other options & I've tried several times to no avail
peaces
Currently Reading: who told you that you are naked
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peaces.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by peaces »

I downloaded it, but it's showing 0 byte
Jennjenn74
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Jennjenn74 »

The file opens and I can start to read it but when I stop reading and want to go back where I left off I have to search for the book and then start over from the beginning
Mrshaas4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mrshaas4 »

It doesn't work on my phone and I have no other computer access
Oreofeoluwagbemiro
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreofeoluwagbemiro.html

Post by Oreofeoluwagbemiro »

Downloaded sigmoid smelly socks in mobi format 2weeks ago. Since then I've been unable to open it because it kept saying no suitable app & now it just displays only a blank page. Ried all the help tips to no avail. I use a tecno tab
Samuel Wamai
Bookshelf Size: 96

Post by Samuel Wamai »

I can not download the book for review in my Samsung Galaxy J5 and I do not have a computer in the house.
Not_half_so_happy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-not-half-so-happy.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Not_half_so_happy »

I've downloaded a book in mobi but it's not available to me anywhere and does not register on kindle or just as a file.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

Hello guys. I was having problems downloading a book in PDF format on my Android phone. But then I decided to try downloading it on a computer and it worked! So now I have the full book to read. If you're having issues downloading with your phone, try a computer. Hope this helps someone
victorycoffee
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victorycoffee.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by victorycoffee »

Dolor wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 17:29
Meggie Lou wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 10:24 I give up! I open the file but no matter what I do the formatting won’t let me see the full pages. I have tried to report the error but it won’t let me until I update my status and say I downloaded a working copy of the ebook, which I absolutely WONT do because I haven’t. The only other option is to come here to the support topic. There is nothing further that I am willing to do.
On the RT page, choose to drop the book review. You will be asked your reasons. There you can reason out. That's it. It's not your fault so you will not b blamed for it.

To have your heart at peace, you may send private messages to Scott and Gali.

Dolor ♡
Just spent the last hour trying to get The Book Blueprint going, ended up taking this advice and dropping the review. I really wanted to read the book as I love writing, but based on my own experience, and the length of this thread, .mobi files seem to be a lot more trouble than they're worth.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Joy+

Post by Joy+ »

Hello. I'm having problems viewing my first book on this site. The Kindle app is not available in my country and the file refuses to open with several other e-book readers, even after I moved it to my book folder. How do I move on to select another book in a different format?
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

ReadEra, android.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I'm sorry there is something wrong with the file itself, I am trying to download and it did but it does not have any data in it. What am I to do?
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Mbeaber78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Dune</a>

Post by Mbeaber78 »

I am unable to access my kindle app on my phone from my pc to move the file over. I am connected by usb and open my iPhone but can not see the kindle app that is clearly on my phone.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by KitabuKizuri »

KitabuKitamu wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 03:26 ReadEra, android.
I somehow managed to open the book in Kindle on a laptop. I think the .mobi books fail to open on universal readers.
amymc825
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amymc825.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Post by amymc825 »

jstrem15 wrote: 10 Mar 2016, 11:31 How do I open a mobi file on my Kindle Cloud Reader or desktop?
You have to download the actual Kindle app onto your computer - I couldn't use Kindle Cloud. I typed "Kindle App for PC" into Google and it brought up the Amazon link. Go to the Amazon link for "Amazon: Kindle for PC [Download]: Software" and then choose to download for Mac or PC. It's free, but you have to go through the process like you're actually buying something - put it in your cart, check out, and then "payP. Afterwards, make sure to go back to the product page and click on the link that says "Your Software Library." That will take you to a page that lists Kindle for PC (or Mac, if that's the case) and you click download.

Once I did that, I went into my downloads folder on my computer, right-clicked, chose "open with," and then chose "Kindle." I hope this helps!
Latest Review: "Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”