Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Tajmagica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Tajmagica »

Hi! The download file is gone. Dont have download of smelly socks. Did try to download file again. The download was paused. Now I dont have a downloaded file! Before file was lost wrote to ask for help here. Never got answer what to do.
Can't review this book.
Bookworm39
Favorite Book: To Tempt a Knight
Currently Reading: to seduce a knight
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm39.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Bookworm39 »

Don't have the download for Yesterday. I have tried and asked for help on here and I received no answer. I can't review this book. I was told that since I clicked on the mobi app that it can't be changed.
Jesster1979
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jesster1979 »

This book Elastic Girl will not even show up in my downloads on my Kindle, or the App. I can get it as a pdf file, but it’s set up so strangely (the pages are placed right to left). I’m afraid that I cannot finish or even start it. I’m not seeing anything that allows me to indicate that. I’m simply going to unsubscribe, which is a shame because I like commenting in the forums.
aliciahill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliciahill.html
Latest Review: That Place of Knowledge by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by aliciahill »

The link does not open I have tried it on my laptop and Mobil
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

I cannot access the free kindle gift for the book I selected to review, The Lushan Addiction. When I click through to Amazon for the free gift, a message appears indicating that the book is no longer available on kindle. This happens with both links.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Rebelsunshine_aj
Currently Reading: The fragile thread of hope
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebelsunshine-aj.html
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook

Post by Rebelsunshine_aj »

I can't open an mobi file on my phone neither on pc. I tried all options. What can I do now?
Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook
LadyTL67
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladytl67.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyTL67 »

I downloaded a book that is mobi form and it will not upload to my nook reader on my tablet.

I have tried all of the conversions that were previously mentioned but to no avail. The book is not in any other format but mobi

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bookworm39
Favorite Book: To Tempt a Knight
Currently Reading: to seduce a knight
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm39.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Bookworm39 »

I had the same problem until I downloaded an app on my pc. Try downloading calibre.com
Cathpup
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathpup.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Cathpup »

I have also been unable to open the mobi file. I have tried to download it and then downloaded the app to be able to read it, but nothing is working. I tried on my computer and smart phone.
katlynnpayton2013

Post by katlynnpayton2013 »

I cannot get the book to move or open. I have downloaded a file manager and i still cannot move it. I do not have a computer to plug my phone into. It is also saying the file is corrupted. Why can i not just change format preferences?
Callista Pruitt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Callista Pruitt »

My mistake . A friend had said I get the books sent to my home to read and then I make my review on here.
Joyce Tseng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Joyce Tseng »

1. Did you try the solution above? Which one(s)--Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3? YES
2. Do you get some kind of specific error message? What does it say exactly? "THIS ITEM CANNOT BE OPENED BECAUSE IT IS LICENSED TO A DIFFERENT USER. DELETE THE ITEM AND DOWNLOAD IT FROM THE CLOUD OR PURCHASE A COPY FROM THE KINDLE STORE"
3. What device are you using? KINDLE PAPERWHITE
4. Have you ever been able to open a mobi file in the Kindle App on that device? YES
5. What other details or information can you provide to help troubleshoot? Any other details are helpful. :) I CAN'T OPEN IT ON MY MACBOOK'S KINDLE APP NEITHER, AND I HAVE OPENED A MOBI FILE ON IT BEFORE.
Patricia6464
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Patricia6464 »

I went to file manager foynd the book clicked move to kindle . put it in kindle app. Then push sync. When u open kindle app your book is there
Chill01
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chill01.html
Latest Review: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker by Thomas Hill

Post by Chill01 »

I am unable to open this book. I tried to move the file but do not have a book file on my computer. I have the free kindle reader from Amazon site and my computer won't give me the option to open this book with that reader
readinggirl410

Post by readinggirl410 »

I cannot get this file to download to my kindle. It shows it's in my Kindle app but there is a download error
1.Did you try the solution above? Which one(s)--Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3?It's in my kindle app, it just won't open. I emailed it to my kindle email address from my computer.
2. Do you get some kind of specific error message? What does it say exactly? "Unable to Download.
There was an error downloading this book. Please try again later."
I've tried several different times now.
3.What device are you using? Samsung Gakaxy S7 Kindle app.
5.Have you ever been able to open a mobi file in the Kindle App on that device? This is my first time trying, I think.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”