Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
mozamiller
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 82696">The Murder House</a>
Currently Reading: Golden Prey
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozamiller.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by mozamiller »

I have found the answer to my problem finally and will try to catch up. I was also having trouble trying to navigate the website to get back to certain places to find information. I think I can get through to everything I need now or at least I hope so. Fingers crossed.
Marcylee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Marcylee »

Was unable to open. Download wasn't a full download.
Molokwu Joan
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Molokwu Joan »

Each time I try to download, it says download failed.
Evelyn L
Currently Reading: Before the Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evelyn-l.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Evelyn L »

This problem had not been resolved for me and I do not have time to continually try and resolve it. I do not want to be kicked off for non review because, on the future, I may have more time. As a busy mum I am finding it frustrating and annoying that there is no easy way to simply ask to be able to unsubscribe from this website for the moment because I honestly do not have time for all this messing about! To be kicked off because your mobi file WILL NOT OPEN, regardless of what I do I quite frankly rather unfair and to compound this there doesn't seem to an any ready by way of reporting this!!!
peace vovwe
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret

Post by peace vovwe »

I was not able to receive eBook in my country what should I do
ReviewMama

Post by ReviewMama »

I got it into the Kindle app, and it loaded the cover, but that’s it. It won’t load anything else. I’m trying to refresh my library and hopefully that will fix it. Any other suggestions?
Divingeveryday

Post by Divingeveryday »

I downloaded a mobi. And tried to open it in my phone , I already had Kindle app. But the file didn't open. So I tried to open it on my computer it opened in Drive but there was nothing readable in it.
Ubongofresh
Currently Reading: The Great Detectives

Post by Ubongofresh »

Hi.
I've tried everything I can imagine, but am still not able to open the file.
It's either am not doing the right conversion process, or there is some incompatibility with one or the other systems( file or pc).
Run out of ideas... :( :? :x :oops:
Rgds
Joyfulxongxubi

Post by Joyfulxongxubi »

the file is not downloading, I have been trying it for a while now but it is still not downloading.
Leah57911
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Leah57911 »

Any reason why the book would be blank in the kindle app? The title page is there... but not any of the following pages...
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

IMPORTANT-- When replying to this topic, make sure to answer all five of the numbered questions in the original post.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Ubongofresh
Currently Reading: The Great Detectives

Post by Ubongofresh »

Same thing I am seeing Leah57911. Looking like a corrupted document.
Did it have to be in Kindle? No way it could have been presented in pdf or something?
I would appear something id not right....
d3bbers

Post by d3bbers »

I am having trouble opening a mobi file on my Samsung Galaxy S7. I have never tried to ooen a mobi file before. I have the Kindle app installed on my device. When I try to open the file the message says that it cannot open this file type. I tried using a file manager, but I get the same message. There is no ootion to movie the downloaded file into the Kindle app. I also tried option 2 and option 3 to no success. I believe there is a problem with the file I received.
Mailis
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mailis.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Mailis »

Hi!
I chose to download Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty in .mobi format for reviewing and it refuses to open no matter what I do.
I have tried Option 1 and Option 3 (not on a phone but managed to get the book to a Kindle Paperwhite device)
The problem does not seem to be that it is a .mobi file, but that it's protected with specific DMR that cannot be removed. All programs and apps successfully identify the book and it is perfectly manageable to move it to correct folders, but continuously Kindle App for Pc displays error: The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device or re-download it and Kindle Paperwhite also shows error: This item cannot be opened because it is licensed to a different user. Delete the item and download it from the cloud or purchase a copy from the Kindle Store.
I have previously successfully opened and read .mobi files without problems and if necessary have formatted .mobi to AZW3 or have used Calibre and it's extension plugin to remove DMR from purchased books and free reads to privately read them on my different devices, but this file seems to be somehow different or damaged.
How can download the PDF file instead or just choose something different for reading and reviewing?
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

The book that I wish to download for review is available in Kindle gift format. When I click on the link that should take me to the book download page on Amazon shows error, " cannot find the page that you are looking for."

When I try another approach (copying the gift code and clicking on the Amazon link), i, unfortunately, again fail and encounter this error,

"We could not find the gift you entered. Please try again, or call Customer Service at 1-866-321-8851."

Please help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”