Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Dystopiancitzn
Currently Reading: Of Captivity Kings
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dystopiancitzn.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Dystopiancitzn »

Hello everyone. I was able to download and open my mobi book on the kindle app. However, the book only allows me to see the title and cover page, but the rest of the book is blank.
Alfred99
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Alfred99 »

:oops: I couldn't open the file
Meggie Lou
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meggie-lou.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Meggie Lou »

I give up! I open the file but no matter what I do the formatting won’t let me see the full pages. I have tried to report the error but it won’t let me until I update my status and say I downloaded a working copy of the ebook, which I absolutely WONT do because I haven’t. The only other option is to come here to the support topic. There is nothing further that I am willing to do.
Dystopiancitzn
Currently Reading: Of Captivity Kings
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dystopiancitzn.html

Post by Dystopiancitzn »

Me too! I don't know what to do. This is my very 1st book to download.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Meggie Lou wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 10:24 I give up! I open the file but no matter what I do the formatting won’t let me see the full pages. I have tried to report the error but it won’t let me until I update my status and say I downloaded a working copy of the ebook, which I absolutely WONT do because I haven’t. The only other option is to come here to the support topic. There is nothing further that I am willing to do.
On the RT page, choose to drop the book review. You will be asked your reasons. There you can reason out. That's it. It's not your fault so you will not b blamed for it.

To have your heart at peace, you may send private messages to Scott and Gali.

Dolor ♡
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Dolor wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 17:29
Meggie Lou wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 10:24 I give up! I open the file but no matter what I do the formatting won’t let me see the full pages. I have tried to report the error but it won’t let me until I update my status and say I downloaded a working copy of the ebook, which I absolutely WONT do because I haven’t. The only other option is to come here to the support topic. There is nothing further that I am willing to do.
On the RT page, choose to drop the book review. You will be asked your reasons. There you can reason out. That's it. It's not your fault so you will not b blamed for it.

To have your heart at peace, you may send private messages to Scott and Gali.

Dolor ♡
No need to send either of us PMs. The users just need to follow your advice. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ghanyyah
Currently Reading: Swimming in a Sea of Stars
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghanyyah.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by ghanyyah »

Can't Redeem a book on Amazon
I selected to review My Author is Dead but is not able to redeem it on Amazon. The error report says its can't be redeemed by people in my country. I've followed all the instructions but no positive report. Please how do I proceed now?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

ghanyyah wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 17:17 Can't Redeem a book on Amazon
I selected to review My Author is Dead but is not able to redeem it on Amazon. The error report says its can't be redeemed by people in my country. I've followed all the instructions but no positive report. Please how do I proceed now?
You can try setting your address in your account on Amazon: Books from .com version of Amazon for non-.com Amazon users. If it doesn't work, you need to quit the book.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
MLove83
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mlove83.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by MLove83 »

I apologize if this has been covered; I didn't read all 17 pages of the thread. I am trying to claim The Expansion by Christoph Martin. I don't think my problem is with opening the file so much as downloading it. It tells me "the ebook has already been accepted." I don't know whether it is saying I've already accepted it, or other people have and therefore, I can't.

I don't see how it could be the first one, since it gave me the error message right away. Still, I looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere in my kindle app or the downloads file on my phone. I even tried logging into my amazon account and checking my content, no luck. I have a file manager app on my phone, but again I don't seem to have a file to move...

If the problem is that others accepted the opportunity first, where do I go from here? I didn't see an option to drop the book and select another...
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

MLove83 wrote: 23 Dec 2017, 22:13 I apologize if this has been covered; I didn't read all 17 pages of the thread. I am trying to claim The Expansion by Christoph Martin. I don't think my problem is with opening the file so much as downloading it. It tells me "the ebook has already been accepted." I don't know whether it is saying I've already accepted it, or other people have and therefore, I can't.

I don't see how it could be the first one, since it gave me the error message right away. Still, I looked for it and couldn't find it anywhere in my kindle app or the downloads file on my phone. I even tried logging into my amazon account and checking my content, no luck. I have a file manager app on my phone, but again I don't seem to have a file to move...

If the problem is that others accepted the opportunity first, where do I go from here? I didn't see an option to drop the book and select another...
I think, you need to check the status of that book first on your RT page. If it said that you have successfully downloaded the book and you cannot secure a copy, then you can drop the idea of reviewing that book and state that reason you had said. There is no way you can give an honest and thorough review if you have not read it.
MLove83

Post by MLove83 »

But how can I drop the book? I don't see that option anywhere
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

MLove83 wrote: 24 Dec 2017, 10:46 But how can I drop the book? I don't see that option anywhere
You need to click that you have successfully downloaded a working copy of the book. Then you can report an error and drop the review.
MLove83

Post by MLove83 »

I clicked that I have successfully downloaded a working copy of the book. I still do not see an option to drop the book. "I need to report an error or problem" just takes me in circles. I sent a private message to the moderators and I have not received a response. This is so frustrating!
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

MLove83 wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 18:20 I clicked that I have successfully downloaded a working copy of the book. I still do not see an option to drop the book. "I need to report an error or problem" just takes me in circles. I sent a private message to the moderators and I have not received a response. This is so frustrating!
Tell me the options you have after clicking "successfully downloaded a working copy of the book".
Oreofeoluwagbemiro
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oreofeoluwagbemiro.html

Post by Oreofeoluwagbemiro »

I downloaded the book but can't open it even with the free Kindle app......

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”