Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by gali »

Bernice Kapp wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 15:55 1. Mobi
2. Galaxy Tab A72152
3. No
4. I have downloaded File manager. Saved the download to main storage downloads. I have also downloaded OBC reader. Nothing works
5. Error messeges are 'No app installed to open this file' and 'No App support for this file'
You need the Kindle App to open it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Bernice Kapp
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bernice Kapp »

I do have the kindle app.
gali

Post by gali »

Bernice Kapp wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 13:17 I do have the kindle app.
You need to report it via your Update tab, then.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

gali wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 23:38
Melissa Tawonechi wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:57 1.Tried option 1 and it's still not working
2.specific error message was unable to open file
3.Samsung galaxy note 5
4.i did not
5.did not see other details but l request that the format be changed to Pdf ,My other books always open using that format
You didn't say what format you chose. Anyway, once chosen, the format can't be changed. It says so on your Guidelines tab. You can try to convert the file via the free Calibre App. If you can't, you will have to quit the book via your Update tab.
Hi
I had chosen to review The Fox by N. M. J. Butler in the mobi format but after downloading the book, the mobi file shows on my Android mobile phone as a BIN file, which can't be read by android devices. I have managed to extract the file using extensions in my laptop which was successful, but I had to convert the book to PDF format in the process. My question is, should I review the PDF format of the book or I should quit the book all together?
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
gali

Post by gali »

J Edwards wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 11:55
gali wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 23:38
Melissa Tawonechi wrote: 07 Jul 2021, 16:57 1.Tried option 1 and it's still not working
2.specific error message was unable to open file
3.Samsung galaxy note 5
4.i did not
5.did not see other details but l request that the format be changed to Pdf ,My other books always open using that format
You didn't say what format you chose. Anyway, once chosen, the format can't be changed. It says so on your Guidelines tab. You can try to convert the file via the free Calibre App. If you can't, you will have to quit the book via your Update tab.
Hi
I had chosen to review The Fox by N. M. J. Butler in the mobi format but after downloading the book, the mobi file shows on my Android mobile phone as a BIN file, which can't be read by android devices. I have managed to extract the file using extensions in my laptop which was successful, but I had to convert the book to PDF format in the process. My question is, should I review the PDF format of the book or I should quit the book all together?
If the format is readable, I thinik you can read it. You best report it via your Update tab, if you are not sure. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Asanda Shezi 1

Post by Asanda Shezi 1 »

I can't download my book i tried every possible way to and it's not like my pdf app is malfunctioning. Can someone please respond to this.
gali

Post by gali »

Asanda Shezi 1 wrote: 09 Dec 2021, 06:50 I can't download my book i tried every possible way to and it's not like my pdf app is malfunctioning. Can someone please respond to this.
You should try to download it to your PC. If you still don't succeed, you need to report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Nicole J
Currently Reading: Maximise Your Child’s Performance
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Nicole J »

I tried opening the Kindle app, but the book wasn't there. It said it's downloaded into pdf format, and so how do I open it. I'm 19 y/o so please don't judge!
gali

Post by gali »

Nicole J wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 05:48 I tried opening the Kindle app, but the book wasn't there. It said it's downloaded into pdf format, and so how do I open it. I'm 19 y/o so please don't judge!
You can't download the pdf on kindle. You need to download and save the book on your PC, convert it to MOBI, and then move it to the Kindle App on your device.
A retired Admin/Mod

Zalwango Rebecca

Post by Zalwango Rebecca »

I TRIED ALL THE 3 OPTIONS BUT NONE WORKED. I DOWNLOADED IT ON MY PHONE WHICH I HAD NEVER USED TO DOWNLOAD SIMILAR FILES BEFORE.
gali

Post by gali »

Zalwango Rebecca wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 04:51 I TRIED ALL THE 3 OPTIONS BUT NONE WORKED. I DOWNLOADED IT ON MY PHONE WHICH I HAD NEVER USED TO DOWNLOAD SIMILAR FILES BEFORE.
Please do NOT write all in Cap. It is considered rude. If none of the options work, you should report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

CowboyPoet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B08F5L5XLH

Post by CowboyPoet »

Nicole J wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 05:48 I tried opening the Kindle app, but the book wasn't there. It said it's downloaded into pdf format, and so how do I open it. I'm 19 y/o so please don't judge!
If it's in a .pdf file and you don't want or able to convert it, try downloading and using the NOOK app from Barnes and Noble; it will use .pdf files.
Zalwango Rebecca

Post by Zalwango Rebecca »

i tried opening the book several times but failed even after downloading the kindle app on my phone and using a desktop
gali

Post by gali »

Zalwango Rebecca wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 11:45 i tried opening the book several times but failed even after downloading the kindle app on my phone and using a desktop
You should report it via your Update tab, then.
A retired Admin/Mod

Sipho Zondo
Currently Reading:

Post by Sipho Zondo »

I have moved the file from my phone to the app kindle still won't open then file from the app i tried all options it just worn open from the app it says error no app to open the file even if it's on my app kindle so this just does not work at all period

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”