Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Achassot-9
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Achassot-9 »

Hello, I had a similar problem. However, the book would never be able to be transferred to my Kindle app. As a result I could never open the file. It always gave me a message saying the app could not open the material.
EhMeWho
Currently Reading: Children of Blood and Bone
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by EhMeWho »

Hello I've tried several times to figure this out following your steps but am having no luck with a solution. I'm trying to get Becoming The Dragon. I have tried looking through file mangers, but I can not find any file. When I go to the download page, it just says 'The eBook has already been accepted'. Help!
tjfronek
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by tjfronek »

I tried to download the book but it wasn't free and even though I would like to read it, I wasn't going to pay for it because I've got 29 cents in my account! I also got a new Kindle Fire yesterday, and I'm trying to locate all of my books!
Sdejardine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sdejardine.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Sdejardine »

It's not so much that the book won't open. I am using my Kindle Paper White. I have also tried using my Kindle App on my iPhone. I got a code to buy The Expansion. All I am able to do on Amazon is download a sample. No option to buy. So when I don't follow the link provided and just go straight to Amazon I try to put the code in. The code is invalid. I have tried everything, but all I am able to do is pay for the book or download a sample only. I have tried many different avenues on ways to get to amazon through the link and then providing the code (again invalid) or downloading the sample and then trying to purchase through there. Nothing works.
Catevanne22
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catevanne22.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Catevanne22 »

I have chosen to Download my book to review in PDF. The Kindle app will not let it download I have tried the solutions above, I am not getting any kind of error message, I have not tried to download the a mini file on my phone before-only EPUB and now PDF which is not working. I am using the Kindle app .
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Catevanne22 wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:49 I have chosen to Download my book to review in PDF. The Kindle app will not let it download I have tried the solutions above, I am not getting any kind of error message, I have not tried to download the a mini file on my phone before-only EPUB and now PDF which is not working. I am using the Kindle app .
The Kindle app doesn't read PDF or EPUB. You should download the book to your PC, convert it to mobi by using the free Calibre App, and then move it to your device.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Catevanne22
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catevanne22.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Catevanne22 »

ok- but how can I start over since I've already tried to download it?
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I think the free ebook on kindle app is already expired.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Catevanne22 wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 09:43 ok- but how can I start over since I've already tried to download it?
Download it again via the Update tab, or ask for another copy if you don't have the option.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Juvijul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Juvijul »

I can only open this on my iPhone kindle app and I cannot read this on my phone. How do I read it on my kindle reader? If I can’t then I am unable to participate in reading these book. I also don’t know how to get taken off list or contact anyone.
Mumanyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumanyi.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Mumanyi »

The book I'm supposed to review just won't be downloaded. I've been trying to download it in the past three days without success
Patox
Currently Reading: Death Must Go On!
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Patox »

I now think I pressed the review button by mistake, sorry about that, Still learning my way around.
dgriffin66
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dgriffin66 »

Option 1 - You can use a file manager on your device. Your device may already have one pre-installed even if you have never used it. You can also download a free one from the appropriate app store.

Basically, I have no clue what I am doing, but I am trying
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

I can't download the Kindle app. It says the app isn't available in my country. What do I do?
Lady Loch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-loch.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
Reading Device: pdf

Post by Lady Loch »

Hi. I am using Kindle reader on my desktop; will I not be able to avail the book for free?
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”