Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
nathanjules
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathanjules.html
Latest Review: "My Author Is Dead" by Michel Bruneau

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by nathanjules »

i cannot open kindle app in my phone its not supported from the country where i bought.
Latest Review: "My Author Is Dead" by Michel Bruneau
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

Hi! I selected a book, Superhighway, that's given in an Amazon giveaway, but the giveaway is over now and so costs money. How can I get a copy? Thanks!
squeakywheeky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by squeakywheeky »

I still can't open the book I downloaded. I'm a new user, today is the last day to update saying that you have succesfully downloaded the books and this is the only place where I can ask for help, but no one is answering on this forum. I chose mobi, I did all the 3 steps and used 2 different devices and it is still not working.
Nyla
Currently Reading: The Expelled
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyla.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Nyla »

I tried downloading the book in different modes; PDF, epub etc but its not downloading at all
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I have downloaded the Kindle app and it won't load. I am trying to view a .mobi file and I can't access it from the downloads nor through the unresponsive Kindle app.
Nathalia_Carphan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathalia-carphan.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nathalia_Carphan »

I tried this and nothing happened, I am currently using my kindle tablet. This is my first time trying to review a book on here and it's not even letting me read it.
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
Tkplana
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Tkplana »

Pls, I need you to help me remove the book review on my account. Am having issues regarding the review, my account was banned last month &reopened recently. But its still asking me to update my review status. I've been unable to download the book. Pls help me out I don't want my account to be banned again. Thanks
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Hi Scott!

I would like to thank you for giving me the chance to review the book of the month. Sad to say, Kindle is not available in Saudi Arabia. I know it's available in the Philippines but my contract here will finish on February 14, 2018.

I would like to inform you that I was not able to download the book because of its unavailability.

I hope you will give me a chance to review in my country soon.

More power to you and this community!

Dolor ♡
Basya
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basya.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Basya »

I downloaded Brutal Valour in pdf format and have read most of the book. Unfortunately, when I returned to it today, the book was simply not there. I am not sure what happened, since the file was there every time I opened it until now. Should I re-download the book? This is rather frustrating, since I planned to complete Brutal Valour today and work on the review.

Thank you for your advice!
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

Dolor wrote:Hi Scott!

I would like to thank you for giving me the chance to review the book of the month. Sad to say, Kindle is not available in Saudi Arabia. I know it's available in the Philippines but my contract here will finish on February 14, 2018.

I would like to inform you that I was not able to download the book because of its unavailability.

Dolor ♡
I quoted this because I forgot to tag @Scott
30th Century:Escape is posted on my RT review page dated November 27, 2017 (yesterday) that I had successfully downloaded the book.

I was not able to get a copy because of the unavailability of Amazon Kindle in Saudi Arabia as I had said.

Please help me update that RT review page as I have no edit option to put any mark that would identify that I tried my best but was unable to get a copy of that book and I have no other option to have that book reviewed.

Please reply soon.

Dolor ♡
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Dolor wrote:

Dolor ♡
30th Century:Escape is posted on my RT review page dated November 27, 2017 (yesterday) that I had successfully downloaded the book.

I was not able to get a copy because of the unavailability of Amazon Kindle in Saudi Arabia as I had said.

Please help me update that RT review page as I have no edit option to put any mark that would identify that I tried my best but was unable to get a copy of that book and I have no other option to have that book reviewed.

Please reply soon.

Dolor ♡
This should be submitted this as an error report through the Review Team Page. You also should quit the book via the same page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

gali wrote:
Dolor wrote:

Dolor ♡

Please reply soon.

Dolor ♡
This should be submitted this as an error report through the Review Team Page. You also should quit the book via the same page.

The "report an error" keeps on pointing me here in this page. I have no other options. Even the "update tab" is taking me here.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Dolor wrote:
gali wrote:
Dolor wrote:

Please reply soon.

Dolor ♡

The "report an error" keeps on pointing me here in this page. I have no other options. Even the "update tab" is taking me here.
You don't see an option to quit the book?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Mannie
Currently Reading: Finding Joe Adams
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Mannie »

File not opening, telling me error on my smart phone
Dolor
Currently Reading:

Post by Dolor »

Mannie wrote: 29 Nov 2017, 02:10 File not opening, telling me error on my smart phone
You have to specify the error and answer those 5 questions asked by Scott on the first comment of this thread.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”