Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Navywife
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Navywife »

I've never opened a mobi file before on my iPhone 6. I downloaded the kindle app and it still won't let me open the file. I downloaded it onto my cloud and still nothing. I don't have a computer to plug into at the moment either.
Tinofirei Muronzi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tinofirei-muronzi.html

Post by Tinofirei Muronzi »

Dear Sir/Madam

The above refers.

I did downloaded my first book for the month, but it's in an unreadable format.If at all possible,I would prefer to have the book in PDF format.

I downloaded the book using my Mobicel tablet.

Your assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Yours faithfully
Tinofirei Muronzi
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Mphilli wrote: 5. Select kindle folder
6. Select done
@Mphilli It needs to go in the 'books' folder within the Kindle folder, not just in the Kindle folder.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
RoxInABox

Post by RoxInABox »

How can i go back and change the format? I selected 'mobi' instead of 'pdf' and mobi is not working
Tara Cook
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Tara Cook »

I have tried it on my computer and also my HTC Desire and it will not open
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

RoxInABox wrote:How can i go back and change the format? I selected 'mobi' instead of 'pdf' and mobi is not working
@RoxInABox You can open the mobi file using the free Kindle App. Otherwise, if this is for the Review Team, you would need to submit an error report to change the file type.

Tara Cook wrote:I have tried it on my computer and also my HTC Desire and it will not open
@"Tara Cook" To get help in this topic, you must answer all the numbered questions in the first post.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

Merlcperz
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Merlcperz »

i have managed to download the kindle app on my pc,but somehow am failing to open my selected book,please help,whats the next step.
EN-EL-CIELO
Currently Reading: your name.
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-en-el-cielo.html
Latest Review: The Two Worlds in Which we Live Physical and Spiritual by Evelyn Rozier

Post by EN-EL-CIELO »

I am a complete beginner i have never done this before. I am on a ios apple ipad. when i click the link to download the free book it takes me to the app store, to the kindle app, even though I have already downloaded it. And if i go to the amazon website I can't download the book without paying for it. What do i do? Please help. :|
foranth16
Currently Reading: Seven Ways We Lie
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foranth16.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by foranth16 »

I have downloaded the book on my computer, Tablet and Phone but the file will not open. When I click on it it says it's a .php file not .mobi file. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Nella1707
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Nella1707 »

Can't you please make pdf format available?
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Merlcperz wrote:i have managed to download the kindle app on my pc,but somehow am failing to open my selected book,please help,whats the next step.
@Merlcperz Please make sure to answer all the questions in the original post for support in this topic.

EN-EL-CIELO wrote:I am a complete beginner i have never done this before. I am on a ios apple ipad. when i click the link to download the free book it takes me to the app store, to the kindle app, even though I have already downloaded it. And if i go to the amazon website I can't download the book without paying for it. What do i do? Please help. :|
@EN-EL-CIELO Please follow the steps in the first post in this topic. If those don't work, please answer all the numbered questions in your reply for help.
foranth16 wrote:I have downloaded the book on my computer, Tablet and Phone but the file will not open. When I click on it it says it's a .php file not .mobi file. I'm not sure what I did wrong.
@"foranth16" It sounds like you didn't actually download the file but somehow downloaded an offline copy of the webpage from which you download the file. You'll need a .mobi file to open for the steps in this topic to work.
Nella1707 wrote:Can't you please make pdf format available?
@Nella1707 This support topic is for help opening .mobi files using the Kindle App. If you are having trouble opening a PDF file (or cannot use the Free Kindle App for some reason), you can use the following topic: elp opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.).

Eman Frasy
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eman-frasy.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Eman Frasy »

cannot download book
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Eman Frasy wrote:cannot download book
@"Eman Frasy" You must answer all the questions in the original post in this topic to get support in this topic.

Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I am unable to download book"roadmap to the end of days" which tab should be used to download the book. I have kindle app .Secondly, i can make Twitter account but the other restriction by amazon is difficult. Help to solve my problem
proofreader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proofreader.html

Post by proofreader »

I tried downloading the book but I was unable to do so because kindle app never allowed me register an account.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”