I miss my Kindle *cries*

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Fooxie Darkbloom
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fooxie-darkbloom.html

I miss my Kindle *cries*

Post by Fooxie Darkbloom »

I broke my kindle before they made them unbreakable. Who knew they don't swim very well. :( I think I almost cried and I had just bought a new case for it too. Sad days. I want a new one but I don't want just any kindle. I want the Kindle HDX 8.9 64GB but sadly I have to save up for it and its going to take me some time to save up for it. Does any one else want one or has one? If so for those who have one how did you like it? I am looking for pros and cons.
pixieled
Currently Reading: Hohenstein
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixieled.html
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by pixieled »

Aw, I'm sorry about your Kindle. I hope you have a new one in no time.

I have the 7" HDX and my daughter bought the 8.9" HDX. I haven't needed to use Mayday yet since I've had no problems what so ever with the Kindle. Both of ours are just the WiFi versions. No 3G or 4G.

I love mine. It starts up and connects to wifi fast. Loading websites, apps, etc. is fast too. I love that I can read books even on the brightest days. No problems using bluetooth either. I wish I could put a SD card in it though.

Did you have a Fire before? Or one of the ereaders? Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about it?
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

I got the original kindle then they came out with the kindle fire the following year. I loved my kindles but after 5yrs of abuse it final died along with my 100s of books with it. I wish I transfer them off before it finally stopped all together. oh well live and learn. I am looking to get a new kindle as well. How much is the kindle your looking at? I was told to get a tablet and put the kindle app on it.
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Amcdanel86 wrote: 22 Oct 2016, 18:37 I got the original kindle then they came out with the kindle fire the following year. I loved my kindles but after 5yrs of abuse it final died along with my 100s of books with it. I wish I transfer them off before it finally stopped all together. oh well live and learn. I am looking to get a new kindle as well. How much is the kindle your looking at? I was told to get a tablet and put the kindle app on it.
Are the books not connected to your account? I would think that they would be available for download on your new device once you sign in.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I have the Kindle HD 7 model and it has lasted me for four years. I love it and though it isn't waterproof, I still recommend any type of Kindle even the paperwhite version. I've never used nook so I can't recommend that type of reader but since it seems like you like Kindles, I would recommend the latest version.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Rangerkay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rangerkay.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Rangerkay »

You can access the Kindle app from a desktop computer/phone. Just go to "Content and Devices" under your Amazon membership. I ended up using this when my older Kindle broke. I got an iPad after that. Much easier.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”