Syncing problems

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
craftshley
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-craftshley.html
Latest Review: "Shoulda Woulda Coulda" by Chris Johnston

Syncing problems

Post by craftshley »

I'm having some trouble with syncing my Kindle up to my computer. I plug it in with my USB cable and it begins to charge but it does not connect as a media device and I can't transfer files to it. It doesn't show up on the devices part of the control panel nor does it show up as being connected as a USB device anywhere else. It's definitely charging when I plug it in so the cord isn't faulty. My Kindle application is up to date as well. I'm running Windows 8 and using a Kindle touch. I've never had this problem before now and have connected the Kindle as a media device using this computer and Kindle before, so I don't know what the problem is.
Latest Review: "Shoulda Woulda Coulda" by Chris Johnston
Nitatsu7
Favorite Author: Robin McKinley
Favorite Book: Gai-jin by James Clavell
Currently Reading: Deerskin by Robin McKinley
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 6333

Post by Nitatsu7 »

As silly as it may sound, have you tried restarting your computer and reconnecting? Drivers for those USB ports are fickle creatures and sometimes Windows likes to pretend something else is using that USB plug and thus, will not connect any other device plugged to it after that point. It still charges because USB's always provide voltage and that has nothing to do with computers, drivers, or programming.

Hope a restart of the PC helps.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I'd try it on another USB port (assuming there is more than one on your PC). As Nitatsu7 says the USB ports can be tempremental at times.
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
mochababy70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mochababy70.html

Post by mochababy70 »

It might be just your Kindle. My Paper white sometimes won't synced and then other times it will.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”