Kindle App

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Seemie
Currently Reading: Broken Places
Bookshelf Size: 31

Download

Post by Seemie »

Hi,

I have subscribed to the Book of the Day list, but often I can't download the books from Amazon, because of my region. It has some restrictions since I live in India. Anyway, I do get some of the books. I am happy about that. I love reading be it hard copy or the soft. They have their own good and bad sides that come along with them and being the traditional person that I am, I would always vote for a hard copy. But if I get the chance to read a book and if don't get to read the book in any other way, I would certainly read a soft copy than leave it unread. I use the Kindle app of my phone or my laptop to catch up with my favourite pass time — reading!
E-beth
Currently Reading: Hidden Deep
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-beth.html

Post by E-beth »

I don't have a Kindle, but I have the Kindle app on my phone. I love being able to have the ability to have books with me by just having my phone.
athenatria
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by athenatria »

I have a kindle paperwhite but I read on my phone as well. Only when I dont have my kindle with me. I take extra care of my kindle so i avoid carrying it around all the time. I broke my first ereader on my bag and i dont want that to happen again so as much as possible, i make sure i excerise extra diligence of a good father of a family to my kindle. :)
DB44
Currently Reading: Breaths in Winter
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-db44.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00REQKWGA

Post by DB44 »

tortoise keeper wrote:I use the Kindle app for almost all of my reading on my Android tablet. I recently took some college courses and was able to reduce the cost of books by getting the on line versions. A friend recently told me that a "real reader" always prefers a paper copy of a book. I have to disagree. The ability to save money and space by using my tablet has allowed me to read more books than I would have otherwise.
Your friend is showing his or her profound ignorance. With a good does of arrogance thrown in.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
athenatria

Post by athenatria »

DB44 wrote:
tortoise keeper wrote:I use the Kindle app for almost all of my reading on my Android tablet. I recently took some college courses and was able to reduce the cost of books by getting the on line versions. A friend recently told me that a "real reader" always prefers a paper copy of a book. I have to disagree. The ability to save money and space by using my tablet has allowed me to read more books than I would have otherwise.
Your friend is showing his or her profound ignorance. With a good does of arrogance thrown in.

I agree. Ebook versions are cheaper. That's why i started to prefer it. When i crave for a physical book, i go to booksales instead. Though i do miss the smell of a new good book. Lol.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I still prefer a regular book but it is nice to have the Kindle App to make it easier to carry around wherever you go. Sometimes I don't like to share with everybody what I am reading, so it's nice to have privacy with that too.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
athenatria

Post by athenatria »

ebeth wrote:I still prefer a regular book but it is nice to have the Kindle App to make it easier to carry around wherever you go. Sometimes I don't like to share with everybody what I am reading, so it's nice to have privacy with that too.

I miss having a regular book too. Whenever I am really craving for a regular book, I would buy. But that's rare. I would rather purchase ebooks since it's so much cheaper.
Christine Penny
Currently Reading: Bad Medicine
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-penny.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Christine Penny »

I installed the kindle app last month and WOW! I have been reading a book just about every three days! I have joined BOOKBUB and sweetfreedeals which send me free and low cost deals on kindle and nookbook books... so I have filled both my kindle app on my desktop up with about 70 books and my nookbook with about 150 books and reading down the forum, I just found out they have a nook for PC too?! I am in heaven! It doesn't twist my neck to read on PC, I find that so nice and you don't have to worry about battery life.. both nice features on the pc. I cant wait to open my kindle up every day and dig into a good read!
LadyTL67
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladytl67.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by LadyTL67 »

I don't have a Kindle, but have downloaded a free Kindle app to my tablet from the Microsoft store and it works great. I have been an avid reader since I was in High School, but couldn't always get to the library or bookstore to get the book I wanted.

The app makes it so much easier for me to read while I am on the go or traveling as my tablet is always with me and takes less room than carrying a book.

Love the Kindle App.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I love it as well. I'm about the least technologically-inclined person alive and even I think it's easy and convenient.
morenikeji100
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by morenikeji100 »

Hmm, its good to hear this. I'll also try to get the free kiddle apk on my smartphone.
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

I have the app on my phone and pc so that way I can sync and pick up where I left off wherever I am :D
scalafiore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by scalafiore »

I was a little hesitant using Kindle at first, but now i prefer to use it more since most of the books i like to read i can only find there.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

My husband and I both have Kindles. We both also downloaded the apps on our phones. It especially helps when you find yourself waiting somewhere unexpectedly. I used to bring a book around with me everywhere for that exact reason. This is a lot easier.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I have just downloaded the app. From the above discussion, I believe I have done the right thing.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”