To Kindle or not to Kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Angela_Loves_Books
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: To Kindle or not to Kindle?

Post by Angela_Loves_Books »

I love reading books on my kindle, but I still can't quite give up my paper books! I love how I can buy books without leaving the comfort of my house!
AlyssaLuloff
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alyssaluloff.html

Post by AlyssaLuloff »

Kindle are amazing in the sense that they take up little to no space and you can access hundreds of books at a time. But my favorite thing to do is flip pages in an actual book. :D
sarahestudies
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahestudies.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by sarahestudies »

I've been using Kindle products since 2014 (I'm on my second fire tablet now) and I've been very satisfied with it. OP, I don't know if you ever went out and bought it, but if you did, did you like it?
Mag
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mag.html

Post by Mag »

I have a Kindle Fire and I'm using it every night for reading. Very happy with it.
r4chelsull
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r4chelsull.html

Post by r4chelsull »

I highly recommend a Kinde Fire! It's primarily an e-reader, but so easy to use as a regular tablet. And not very expensive!
sterlingsilv16
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sterlingsilv16.html

Post by sterlingsilv16 »

I think the biggest consideration you need to address is your tablet needs. I own one of the oldest Kindles to enter the market and slowly moved to reading off of my iPad. I downloaded the Kindle app on the iPad and it works just fine if not better than actually purchasing a new Kindle. Should you not want to buy a tablet/don't own a tablet, I would then consider the manner in which you read. I love reading on a tablet because it stops you from reading ahead (which always helps). But ultimately, the amount of reading you do, the style of books, and what you wish to do on the Kindle aside from read should be your major factors in deciding to purchase a Kindle. Like I said prior, the app for other tablets works just as well as a Kindle and is the current reason I have not upgraded to a new Kindle. If you wish to try the Kindle app and do not have a tablet, you can sign in online at the kindle website and check out the friendliness of the site. Hope this helps!
michaela_maher

Post by michaela_maher »

I love my Kindle Fire, i highly recommend it to anyone thinking of getting a Kindle
Dfinity
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dfinity.html

Post by Dfinity »

I completely prefer paperback to ebook. Nothing against tablets, it just feels right to have pages in my hands.
jhopp21
Currently Reading: Dandalion Wine
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhopp21.html

Post by jhopp21 »

I bought the kindle fire. Very nice. I got that model because you can also watch movies and view graphic novels. Books are great on it as well. Nice size. Price was ok as well.
Beautiful_Athena
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautiful-athena.html

Post by Beautiful_Athena »

I have the kindle paper white and I absolutely love it. :D But it is strictly for reading books so if your looking for something that you can read and play games or do other stuff on then the kindle paper white is not for you.
Remi Peter Baronas

Post by Remi Peter Baronas »

I picked up a Kindle Fire for 39.95 at Best Buy to try that platform out. How can you lose by shelling out 40 bucks? I might move on to a higher end product such as Voyager, but for the time being, my reader is doing the job I wanted it for: though I am a *huge* fan of paper books, the Kindle makes tons of stuff available to you that is out of print and obscure. Not the best substitute for paper books, but an essential tool for contemporary reading.
Remi Peter
sarahgracetaylor
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahgracetaylor.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by sarahgracetaylor »

I was a person who swore against Kindles for a long time because I love my paper books so dearly. I still do, but I have since converted just because you can't really beat the size restraints of it. Personally, I travel and move around a lot, and while I love my books it would be incredibly difficult if I had every kindle book I have as a paper copy to move around and take them with me on trips.
melissamwolff

Post by melissamwolff »

I would get the most simple one. I have an original kindle and a kindle fir. I love both but the kindle fire gets me distracted because i can put the other apps on and everything. So if you get distracted easily, I would stay simple
Firedrake
Currently Reading: Flamecaster
Bookshelf Size: 696
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firedrake.html
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr

Post by Firedrake »

If you have issues with vision, or if you spend a significant amount of time reading, I wouldn't recommend a Kindle Fire, because they are backlit, and that can cause eyestrain. Kindle Paperwhite is a really good alternative (front lit and high contrast).
For me, a basic Kindle is a good choice -- looks very much like a printed book.
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
Julie4453
Currently Reading: Diamond in the Desert
Bookshelf Size: 1632

Post by Julie4453 »

I have the kindle app on my iPad and love it. It is great for travel and reading at night when my husband's asleep. I have it loaded with books

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”