To Kindle or not to Kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 772
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Re: To Kindle or not to Kindle?

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Definitely Kindle! :tiphat:
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
auntouch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by auntouch »

I have a kindle fire and a kindle reader. love them both. There are s many free ebooks both on Kindle and on other sites. I also read my on my kindle cloud reader on my computer
AngharadB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angharadb.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by AngharadB »

I’ve got a pretty old Kindle but would love to upgrade to the paperwhite when I need a new one!
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

I have a Kindle e Ink it is not very pricey but it is great as far as reading the books I haven't had any problems downloading nor retrieving them you can get on your social site post reviews
Chelsea N. Hackett
DeborahCupples

Post by DeborahCupples »

I like reading on the Kindle Paperwhite. It's non-glare and has front lighting, which is supposed to be better for eyes than back-lighting.

I also have the cheapest Kindle Fire for audio books but don't read on it because it has a glossy screen.
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I have a Kindle fire and love it. I'm old-fashioned in that I like to have a hardcopy book that I can underline and reference. So I enjoy the option of "Highlighting" or "bookmarking" on my Kindle. Also, I use it for purchasing and for searching on the web and reading blogs etc.
srividyag1
Currently Reading: The laws of human nature
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srividyag1.html
Latest Review: The Hungry Heart by Brenda Gayle
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by srividyag1 »

trace91 wrote: 26 Feb 2014, 10:52 I am thinking of buying a Kindle but I have no idea which one I should get. I feel overwhelmed when I walk into a store and ask about the different models. Any help or suggestions would be great.
My suggestion would be to go for Kindle Paper white. I've used both basic kindle and am currently using Paperwhite. And I am so happy I upgraded to the backlit, lighter, sleeker version. I love Reading in the dark when it's just me and my book.
BlueEyedMisfit
Currently Reading: B-Side
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blueeyedmisfit.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone

Post by BlueEyedMisfit »

This is an extremely old thread but it popped up on my forum feed so I decided to reply anyway. I like Kindle for the fact that you can usually get books a little cheaper and you can read it in the dark. But, when given the choice, I will always choose old fashioned paper books. I love collection books on my bookshelf. I love smelling them. I love turning the pages. I love taking care of them and keeping them in great condition. Nothing will ever beat having an actual book in my hands.
tayloremily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayloremily.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by tayloremily »

Yes!! Kindle is the way. I have a 2016 version of a Kindle fire it is just as good as any updated version and they are $50.00 you can buy on Amazon and get free shipping. You can also get the Kindle e reader download to read your books as an ebook. It is so worth it. It especially makes this site easier to use anywhere and anytime not having to worry about lugging books around. They can all be on your Kindle libray online. Kindles are good for anything else too. Taking notes, downloading apps, internet searching, games etc. I highly recommend one.
sublola4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sublola4 »

I've had kindle fire for years and loved every single one. I've been meaning to upgrade to the latest installment because my poor baby is beat up, but kind of wanted to try paper white. Thoughts?
JorjR

Post by JorjR »

Hi! I'm brand new to forum. We (my husband) love to read and we both have Kindles. He has my old one lol I can't remember what year we bought it, but it still works! I have a Kindle paperwhite and I love it! We read books all the time so I was excited when I ran across the get paid for reviews! Just getting a free book is sweet! Everyone have a good day, I have to go read! :techie-studyinggray:
Andy_C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andy-c.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Andy_C »

I have always been in the 'not-to-kindle' camp. I even received a Kindle Fire for a birthday years ago, and it ended up in a drawer, used only once or twice. I've recently dug it out and I'm really enjoying it. I saw an interview with Stephen King where he says the book/kindle/audiobook is just the delivery system, and that what's important is the story, however it is presented. I never understood that before, but now I do (I still prefer books though, if forced to choose...)
pkoimn46248

Post by pkoimn46248 »

I have a Kindle Fire and I love it. Believe me Kindle books are a lot cheaper on Amazon than real books. I bought a book yesterday (Fern Michaels book titled Pretty Woman). I read the complete book yesterday. This my third Kindle and I have over 600 books on it.
pkoimn46248

Post by pkoimn46248 »

In addition to what I posted earlier, I also have several old movies which I wanted to watch again. I also play games on my Kindle.
NikiF
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by NikiF »

I just use my phone for my kindle books. I don't want to carry another devise everyday. I also still read paperback and hardback books. Still love the feel of a book. I read my kindle book when I have a no bag day. :-)

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”