Kindle Paper White

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Andrea Ulrich
Bookshelf Size: 0

Kindle Paper White

Post by Andrea Ulrich »

I just got the Kindle Paper White for Valentine's day from my boyfriend and it is amazing! The screen is designed so that there is no glare, so you can read comfortably when it is sunny and bright. LOVE IT!
I also love how the screensaver varies between different artsy, black and white photos of pencils, typewriter keys, and calligraphy pens. Being a writer as well as a reader, images of such things excite me. :lol:
traciegolden
Favorite Author: Charles Dickens
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-traciegolden.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2384

Post by traciegolden »

I also have a Kindle paper white I got one for my high school graduation and I love it. I have read so many good books on my kindle you can also get free books on your kindle from amazon which is great. honestly I love books way more then E-books because I am one of those people who just have to touch them. All in all I love my kindle if you do not have access to actual books this is the perfect thing for you if you love reading.
Himmelslicht
Favorite Author: Gabriel. G. Marquez
Favorite Book: One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himmelslicht.html

Post by Himmelslicht »

I love my Paperwhite so much I barely notice I'm reading on a digital device. Best investment ever.
"Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world."
- Gustave Flaubert
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I agree!! I love my paperwhite so much! I am so glad that I put off buying an ereader until it came out. I don't know how I got along without it for so long.
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
Big_B99
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-big-b99.html
Latest Review: "Understand Accounting Terms" by Akshay Rajgor

Post by Big_B99 »

Yes! It is so convenient to be able to store hundreds of books in such a small space! The anti-glare is amazing as well, and I am reading dozens of books each month, hardly even noticing that I am on a screen instead of reading from a physical book!
Latest Review: "Understand Accounting Terms" by Akshay Rajgor
kasi1215
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasi1215.html
Latest Review: "To Gen X, Baby Boomers and Millennials, with Love" by Francis T. Sganga

Post by kasi1215 »

I love my paperwhite :) It is so simple and so wonderful!!
Latest Review: "To Gen X, Baby Boomers and Millennials, with Love" by Francis T. Sganga
KPRUITT13_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kpruitt13.html

Post by KPRUITT13_ »

My mother has a kindle paperwhite and she absolutely loves it!! Great for late night readers!!
Wanton_Wordsmith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18985">The Fellowship of the Ring</a>
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanton-wordsmith.html

Post by Wanton_Wordsmith »

Can OBC members read books to review on their PaperWhites? Does PaperWhite support the file format to read books for review? Just wondering.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Wanton_Wordsmith wrote:Can OBC members read books to review on their PaperWhites? Does PaperWhite support the file format to read books for review? Just wondering.
Of course! :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
chrisann2780
Favorite Author: Colleen Coble
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisann2780.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
fav_author_id: 5369

Post by chrisann2780 »

I currently have a Kindle Fire, which was used when I bought it. It's about 5 years old. It has started not charging.....now I cannot use it. I was charging it most every day. Thinking about a Kindle Paperwhite versus buying another Fire. Opinions, suggestions would be appreciated please? Thanks!
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Craftbunnie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-craftbunnie.html

Post by Craftbunnie »

I love my Kindle Paper white. I am so glad I chose it over the Kindle Fire! I have all my books downloaded to it and use it as my primary reader. It can open anything any kindle reader can open and doesn't give you the blue screen side effects that the other readers can give. I do have a Kindle Fire now, my Grandmother gave me hers, but I use it more for apps than reading. It makes a great tablet, but I find myself getting screen sick if I read on it. It makes me feel like I am reading on a computer. Almost all my reading is done through my Kindle Paper white. Either that or print.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

I'm a compulsive reader and I appreciate Kindle for giving us multiple Kindles that are great: Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis. I've had Paperwhites and the Voyage but not the Oasis and I really have no interest in the Oasis.

I sold my Voyage, cheap, to a friend and got a new Paperwhite. I prefer the Paperwhite because of size and the outstanding Kindle case. The Voyage was a bit too small for me to use comfortably, I detested the cutesy Origami case, and I never found a good case available in Mexico that I liked. I didn't use the Haptic buttons. The additional LED lights were nice but not enough to make up for what I disliked.

I sincerely hope Kindle builds improvements into the Paperwhite, such as an additional two LED lights, and keeps the basics the same. JJeff Bezos had a goal of making the experience of reading a Kindle as close as possible to reading a book. I never had a book that opened like a stenographers tablet and then the cover folded up, whether you wanted it to or not.

Still, Kindle has done a great job, in my opinion, in giving readers options so we can all have our favorite.
drcmarx

Post by drcmarx »

I also have a Kindle paper white I got after I tough my old model was missing. After I started using it I found my my old one (I do not remember the model) but it is also one with a screen touch but without the built in light).

As I fly around quite a bit I now only use the Kindel paper as I do not have to use an external light. - excellent addition!!!
thankgod101

Post by thankgod101 »

my trip to adele
Emie Cuevas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emie-cuevas.html
Latest Review: Trumpism: A Cultural Psycho-Genesis by Michel Valentin

Post by Emie Cuevas »

I started with the original kindle. I thought it was great. Used very little battery so could read for weeks without a charge. The only problem was I couldn't see without an external light.

The Paper white solved this I can now read anywhere. The kindle is so much easier to read than a normal book (the pages kept causing shadows). The only problem is the battery doesn't last as long so I have to charge it every week or so.
Whether you Think you can,
or you Think you can't,
You are Right

Napoleon Hill

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”