Organizing you Kindle

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
kasi1215
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasi1215.html
Latest Review: "To Gen X, Baby Boomers and Millennials, with Love" by Francis T. Sganga

Re: Organizing you Kindle

Post by kasi1215 »

kbsmith11 wrote:Guess I need to start deleting....have all the books still on there! Its getting to be a lot!
That is my exact problem!! I spend more time adding books to my list than actually reading them! It's time I start reading those suckers!
Latest Review: "To Gen X, Baby Boomers and Millennials, with Love" by Francis T. Sganga
raswales
Currently Reading: The last anniversary
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raswales.html

Post by raswales »

I did not know you can organize books on you Kindle into different groups! I have a Kindle Fire. How do I put books into groups?
jeffallen
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">VALIS</a>
Currently Reading: Dandalion Wine
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffallen.html
Latest Review: "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome

Post by jeffallen »

I have a really hard time understanding my kindle....it all seems so non-intuitive.
Amazon file management is just wierd.
Latest Review: "52 Hangover-Free Weekends - Never Give Up Your Favorite Booze" by Ryan Jerome
Kmscds27
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kmscds27 »

I had no idea you could organize them into folders?! I've always just scrolled through what I had and deleted the books I didn't care for. Sometimes it took a while to find what I wanted. How do you organize them?
lokithor

Post by lokithor »

Good Afternoon,

Does anyone know a way to delete the books I've read and want to keep from showing in the main library? I'd love for them to show in the collections I have put them in, but would prefer my library to only contain new titles yet to be read.

Thank you for your help.
kryckette

Post by kryckette »

I never delete my books. I love going back to re-read but do find that I tend to download some books that I've read before because the book description sounds great so I download it only to find that I have already read it at some point....so now I have organized the kindle to include folder categories like... haven't read yet.....finished reading....rented books....Books that sucked....read again....waiting for sequel. I love that the kindle lets you organize it like that.
kaykay9
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaykay9.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by kaykay9 »

I'm positive that the more books you have on your kindle the more space and gigabytes it takes up. So deleting some but writing those down on a piece of paper the ones you're deleting would be benificial. as to orginazing them... I haven't come up with a different and unique way of orginazing my books on either my kindle nor my bookshelf.
Muhammad Nadeem
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Currently Reading: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
Bookshelf Size: 456
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-nadeem.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Muhammad Nadeem »

I made three folders
1. To read
2. Reading
3. Readed
Lily Ahulu
Currently Reading: Jet Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Lily Ahulu »

ME TOO. MY LIBRARY IS A MESS
Elmien Sinclair 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elmien-sinclair-1.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Elmien Sinclair 1 »

I am subscribed to Kindle Unlimited and may only keep a limited nr of books at a set time. Therefore I will always, after I have read my book, "return" it and it will no longer be available on my device.
T J 6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-j-6.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by T J 6 »

I try to download about ten books at a time, and as I read them, I remove them to avoid crowding my library. I have never thought of actually organizing them. I will take a look at that.
Isabela Almeida
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabela-almeida.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Isabela Almeida »

Right now my kindle is a mess, but back when it was organized I used to some "mood folders" like "books that feels like a warm hug", "books for when I need inspiration" and on and on. The good about it is that you can personalize to your wishes
Natalia Salvador
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalia-salvador.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Natalia Salvador »

this is so fun you can organize them in a way were you can have the books you like the most one file and the ones you don't in the other.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”