I don't own a kindle

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
loulou2110
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: I don't own a kindle

Post by loulou2110 »

Im versatile myself, I personally prefer to hold a book in my hand and turn the pages, so I don't own a kindle. Although on the move It is more convient to use my phone ereader to read when travelling on buses and trains. One day I would like a kindle, but I would still pick up a book and read it the traditonal way. :)
mochababy70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mochababy70.html

Post by mochababy70 »

I love my Paper White. It is so easy to read off of.
kingslexasoh1000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119

Post by kingslexasoh1000 »

I definitely don't own a kindle
:tiphat:
Isabdallah001
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Isabdallah001 »

I don't have a kindle for now. In fact I don't know much about it. But with the good reviews I'm getting from here I'm considering getting 1. I'm a gadget freak and I love innovation and technology holding books actually is not my thing. I prefer soft copies. Please can anyone be kind enough to put me through.
kaykay-1962

Post by kaykay-1962 »

I am considering a kindle also, don't know much about them either, like go know more. I prefer hard copy and big print.
ermalbr
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by ermalbr »

It's so much clear that a book can be read easily.
I don't own a kindle too
HeatherTasker
Currently Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by HeatherTasker »

I don't own a Kindle but I read on my iPhone. I love paper copies but I also think it's nice to have multiple books in my pocket or purse. Also, e-books are so much cheaper and available immediately. I cannot tell you how many books I've bought in my pjs the middle of the night.

There are a few books I love so much that I own in physical and digital form. I have a huge collection of paper books. I only dislike this when I need to move. The next time I do, I'll be thankful for the hundreds of audiobooks and e-books I don't have to box up. Books are heavy!
Kingsway
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsway.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kingsway »

I too don't own a Kindle because I prefer the hard copy way,,,that's my thing.
Windwalker
Currently Reading: The Ways of Cats
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Windwalker »

I hesitated to own a Kindle too. The cost of buying plus having to learn a new technology as well as contributing to the loss of "real" libraries all put me off. My husband finally bought a used Kindle from a friend. As I used it I found not having book clutter from unneeded copies and having instant new book arrivals during 3AM insomnia changed my mind about the Kindle's usefulness. However, I do still buy my favorites in physical form. The convenience and per book cost savings with the Kindle have also allowed my reading habit to grow exponentially. I will never get over the smell and feel of real books, but the Kindle perks are just too good to give up.
Windwalker
Currently Reading: The Ways of Cats
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Windwalker »

I started with a Kindle Paper white. The screen does look like black type on paper. The screen glare always bothered me. As for the Kindle Fire, I've found I use my Kindle app on my smart phone more than the Fire. I already have too much to carry around and the phone is more convenient to me.
[
Mimi66

Post by Mimi66 »

I’ve owned 4 Kindles, the last two being Fire Hdx’s, and bought my first iPad in December 2017. I immediately put the Kindle app on the iPad. Don’t miss heavy books at all.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I also don't own one, and love the feel of an 'old-style' book. But I'm not going to say never, for instance, if I were doing a lot of travelling, I would almost certainly get a Kindle or equivalent as it would be handier.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
tatjok
Currently Reading: Deception Point
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by tatjok »

I was thinking the same thing until I finally bought mine yesterday, and it completely boast my reading progress. And yeah, less eye strain!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”