Amazon Kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
gilbertcross
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gilbertcross »

I'm just not suited to something like the Kindle. I estimate that it would take me about 2 weeks to break it (not intentionally).
KrystenRB

Post by KrystenRB »

i love my kindle fire!!! its light and can be takin anywhere to read a book
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

I have a kindle and I really enjoy it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
scottchisem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scottchisem.html

Post by scottchisem »

Should I get a Nook or a Kindle? How is Kindle better? Just curious
gladeslibrarian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladeslibrarian.html

Post by gladeslibrarian »

I got a Nook HD+ rather than the Kindle Fire for two primary reasons: I can download books in many formats, even Kindle books. It has an SD Memory card slot so you can increase the memory capabilities. Hope this helps!
Ian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ian.html

Post by Ian »

Kindles are great, but you can not beat a hardback book in your hands.
JessicaAnn123
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by JessicaAnn123 »

I love my kindle. I am able to read so many different books, even comic books. But it is still wonderful to hold an actual book in my hands. Actually turn the pages and hear them crinkle. I do recommend a kindle, but don't forget the way it feels to hold and read a real book.
pochnae

Post by pochnae »

Ian wrote:Kindles are great, but you can not beat a hardback book in your hands.
The feeling of a book, the turning of the pages, and the smell... it is irreplaceable. But at the same time, the kindle makes everything so much more easy. So I disagree.

-- 20 Jan 2015, 12:56 --

This is the question of the century, isn't it? It all depends on so many things. The fact of the matter is a real book costs incredibly little. However, e-Books cost less. A kindle is great for not only books, though. In the HD format its the best thing for comics, newspapers, magazines, and even forums like this. It's also by far the best option if you plan on commuting with it. It's size just makes everything so much easier. On the topic of easy, it's easier to read as you can adjust the text, it's easier to make notes, and you can check on the definition of any word just by holding your finger down on it. If you want something a little bit more than just books, I'd suggest the iPad mini. The full iPad is a bit big for an e-reader, but it is truly still a good option. If you are much more oriented around books on the e-reader, than a paper white or a nook is the one for you.
Swanson2295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swanson2295.html

Post by Swanson2295 »

I have owned a kindle fire for four years and absolutely love it. I have found lots of books that I have absolutely loved (even if they aren't the current "it" books). A piece of advice though. Get the warranty the charging port like to break. Amazon has always been extremely helpful though and replaced my kindle with no problems.
zanderlyrose
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanderlyrose.html
Latest Review: "Sweet Sleep" by Kim Cormack
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by zanderlyrose »

I absolutely love my kindle fire. It has had almost all of the books I have wanted to purchase.
Latest Review: "Sweet Sleep" by Kim Cormack
mochababy70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mochababy70.html

Post by mochababy70 »

For reading, nothing is better than the Amazon Kindle Paper White.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”