Looking for free books

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Looking for free books

Post by papaya12 »

If you have Amazon Prime then you can check out a new book every month. The books you are allowed to check out include the Harry Potter series and The Lord of the Rings series so the selection is pretty good though if you are an avid book reader you will probably already have those books. Most everything classic is free on Kindle too.
drcmarx
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by drcmarx »

I love reading the classic. I get most of them fro free at Project Gutenberg. They have over 53,000 free ebooks for free.

Go and take a look.
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

I use Bookbub and Kindle Unlimited along with this site to keep me stocked up with free books. BookBub emails me a list everyday and some popular authors post their book as free for a limited amount of time so it is nice the grab that deal when I can. I pay $10/month for the Unlimited subscription. Since I read at least one book a day, it is so worth it. I refuse to pay another cent for more ebooks unless they are REALLY REALLY good.
Either way, Amazon is pretty good with free ebooks and their FREE section is not too shabby.
kb33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kb33.html

Post by kb33 »

What I generally do is check the daily and weekly deals on books. The usually have a random selection(but a good one) of books that are around three dollar when there usually 15+. Also I don't know if it's amazon prime or another subscription, but you can have it where you can rent books, for however long you want, and about ten at a time. However not every book is available for rent.
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

kb33 wrote:What I generally do is check the daily and weekly deals on books. The usually have a random selection(but a good one) of books that are around three dollar when there usually 15+. Also I don't know if it's amazon prime or another subscription, but you can have it where you can rent books, for however long you want, and about ten at a time. However not every book is available for rent.
That is the Kindle Unlimited subscription :)
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I use Bookbub as well. I also just search on Kindle for free books sometimes. A lot of authors will give you the first book in the series to get you hooked and buy the rest. It doesn't always work for me, but it's a great way to see if you like a certain author or series without investing a lot of money.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
BookWormMommy
Currently Reading: The Chemist
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwormmommy.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by BookWormMommy »

With Amazon Prime you get TWO free books a month. At the beginning of the month you receive an email with the free new release selection (usually about 5-6 genres) that aren't released to the public until the following month. I usually wait till the end of the month and read the reviews before I select. The second is the lending library selection. You get one Kindle Unlimited book per month. I am reading the entire Shade of Vampire collection this way (one a month).
My library also has e-books that are delivered right on my Kindle. I have a list of books and just wait for my turn. I receive an email that it has been delivered, I download and start to read.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

BookWormMommy wrote:With Amazon Prime you get TWO free books a month. At the beginning of the month you receive an email with the free new release selection (usually about 5-6 genres) that aren't released to the public until the following month. I usually wait till the end of the month and read the reviews before I select. The second is the lending library selection. You get one Kindle Unlimited book per month. I am reading the entire Shade of Vampire collection this way (one a month).
My library also has e-books that are delivered right on my Kindle. I have a list of books and just wait for my turn. I receive an email that it has been delivered, I download and start to read.
I can't believe I didn't know this! My partner has an Amazon prime account. So you do not need Kindle Unlimited, just prime for the new releases?
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
BookWormMommy

Post by BookWormMommy »

Exactly- I have never had Kindle Unlimited and get two free books per month PLUS all my new releases from my local library queue. The only caveat with the 1 Kindle lending library section is that you can keep it as long as you want, but can't get another one the next month until you return the first one. That's usually not a problem :). The new release book is yours to keep.
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

Do you think this is also for customer's in the UK too? I couldn't find anything but that may have been because I was not logged in.
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
BookWormMommy

Post by BookWormMommy »

I think so. Here is an info link that makes it sound like you would:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/kin ... tries%2A=0
Gingerbo0ks

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

BookWormMommy wrote:I think so. Here is an info link that makes it sound like you would:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-dbs/kin ... tries%2A=0
Awesome, thank you!
EspressoChick

Post by EspressoChick »

I know Amazon lists free books. Are there sites that also list free books regularly? Some of my favorite authors list them sometimes at their websites. But I wondered if there are sites others would recommend?
Frachiah
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Frachiah »

I love reading romantic and erotica novels but I was getting tired of buying them until I came across kindle and now I have my books for free anytime I want and that is amazing.
Emmammboga8
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Emmammboga8 »

Hello am new to kindle how do I go about getting books and reading them?

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”