Looking for free books

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
booklovingolfer
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Re: Looking for free books

Post by booklovingolfer »

I like Amazons kindle best sellers. There are two categories paid and free best sellers. I have found so many good free books by using Amazon.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

When I get a book that's a stinker it is so much easier to toss when it was free or cost $1.
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

All of these tips are awesome! Thanks guys!!
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
ellenmarie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ellenmarie »

Hi. If you have a library card go into an app called overdrive. Search the library you belong to then register your library card #. It is like being at the library but you're on your kindle. You will have choices as to where you want to download your eBook to such as your kindle. Therefore you will have to take care of a few setting issues first. But it is so worth it. I haven't paid for a book in a year now and I read a different book every week.
If you need further info on it go to your ,library and pick up an info pamphlet.
CountryGrl

Post by CountryGrl »

Hey there!! I have the Kindle App and I use "BookBub". It is actually nice! Every day they give you a selection of books that they think you might like. At most, the books cost $2.99 and sometimes they are free! The authors aren't "Big" yet and some have self published. Overall, it is an amazing site to get free books.
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

booklvr62 wrote:Hi Finn,
I got my Kindle Touch last November and I have around 700 books on my Kindle all but about 6 were Freebies! I seldom bother with books of less than 288 pgs[prefer at least 300 pgs] and several good reviews plus an interesting synopsis,so despite the large number I have gathered over a year, I am quite picky.

The Classics I have I got from Amazon's Free Kindle books pages,but I also check [a site that I am not yet allowed to post a URL]everday for the freebies.

My collection of classics are by Jane Austen,H.G. wells,Edith Wharton,Jean Webster,Louisa May AlcottOwen Wister,ect.

Lately, I have been borrowing more and more Kindle eBooks from my library.I hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I do mine.

Happy Reading! :D
Christine

-- 24 Dec 2012, 20:32 --

I check eReaderIQ.com every day for their freebie Kin dle books.
I am going to have to add that to my list of sites to check for new books. But 700 books! How do you get through all of them?
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
Tracy B

Post by Tracy B »

Look up Book bub online. It lists 5-6 books that you can get for free on your e-reader. The books change frequently. Heads up, many of books are one of the first books in some series, so even though that one book is free, it doesn't mean that the rest are. I like kindle unlimited. It's $10 a month, but there are so tons of books in different genre that you can read without paying more than the monthly fee. With the way I read, it is a good deal for me. Hope that helps.
mystery lady
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">Rogue</a>
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mystery-lady.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by mystery lady »

I do receive some free books from Bookpub and Kindle eBooks. Most I borrow from my local library, which is part of a consortium. I occasionally purchase some books if they are not available through other avenues. I love my Kindle. It's my preferred reading method.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Rcline78

Post by Rcline78 »

I read mostly from my kindle and even have it linked to my iPhone. I get most of my books from Amazon. There you can search for free Ebooks in the kindle store then pick the genre of you prefer. It's very easy. I also use a site called BookBud. You register with them list your favorite genre and they email lists of cheap (0.99) to free ebooks that you can download. Very easy.
tab2gocrazy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tab2gocrazy.html

Post by tab2gocrazy »

Bookbub has been a good source of free books.
smbasham

Post by smbasham »

Thanks for all the good tips! I was unaware that there is a kindle lending library!
ortiz1988c
Currently Reading: The life giving table

Post by ortiz1988c »

Kindle unlimited 30 day trail gives over 100,000 free books in all general and some are free collections or sets.
MarcedezLee810
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcedezlee810.html

Post by MarcedezLee810 »

When I want to read books for free I just search free (whatever genre I want to read) books and a nice list always comes up.
Wil-z

Post by Wil-z »

how to get free book? my kindle is empty.
Vulgate
Currently Reading: Conceived Without Sin (Pierced by a Sword #2)
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vulgate.html

Post by Vulgate »

One way to get a bunch of free books is Kindle Scout. You vote on which books should be published and anything you voted on that does get published, you get a Kindle version of.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”