Looking for free books

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: LaBlance Fish Tales Two by Peter F LaBlance
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Re: Looking for free books

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Being with online book club is the best way so far that I found to get notifications regarding free books on Amazon via its daily 20$ giveaway event 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
prakash Bhattarai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by prakash Bhattarai »

I am getting most of free books from kindle app itself.
Surakshita-11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surakshita-11.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Surakshita-11 »

You can find a lot of classic novels for free on sites like Project Gutenberg also you can download book in mobi format in your browser and then transfer it to your kindle app
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

OpenLibrary - as part of Internet Archives, OL has digitized books for nearly every preference. Books are usually available in several different editions, including large print. Public domain books can be downloaded to keep forever as PDFs or other books can be read online in the site based reader, which includes a spoken/audio reader. Users with an Adobe account can also download the book for a brief period.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
aMEgerd
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aMEgerd »

A great way to get free books is to visit Amazon and check out the free eBooks available. It is a great way to find new authors. New Indie authors often post great books to boost their reviews.
DeborahCupples

Post by DeborahCupples »

A number of Mark Twain books are free on Kindle.
xBibliobibulix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1638
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xbibliobibulix.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by xBibliobibulix »

You can download many classics from Amazon and I would recommend Project Gutenberg as well. Remember that if you have a library card many libraries rent out ebooks now through software like Overdrive or Hoopla.
"There are people who read too much: bibliobibuli. . .They wander through this most diverting and stimulating of worlds in a haze, seeing nothing and hearing nothing." -H. L. Mencken
Nmanchado2018
Favorite Author: Tami Hoag
Currently Reading: Secrets to the Grave
Bookshelf Size: 47
fav_author_id: 3744

Post by Nmanchado2018 »

Cody Mathews wrote: 24 Aug 2013, 20:43 The kindle lending library allows amazon members to "check out" books through their local library. I used the service and checked a book out on my kindle for two weeks at a time. Great service!
That is true. I also use this service and it allows me to read the books that i cant get from the library. Though it is only a loan and you cant keep the book but it allows you to read it and not worry about paying for a book you may not like.
Nicole
Sadie105
Currently Reading: Hawk of May
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Sadie105 »

MOST HELPFUL FORUM EVER. Thank you all! Just got my first Kindle and am still figuring it out. I am terrified I'll run up a huge bill by accident so I even put parental controls on my own account to prevent purchases. Lol. Thanks for the advice!
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

Hi, Finn. I get a lot of free books from BookBub. They send a daily email and offer a few free ones in several genres. Others only cost $0.99 or $1.99 etc.
Rangerkay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rangerkay.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Rangerkay »

I use a combination of BookBub, giveaways from GoodReads (helps to me a reviewer), and lending libraries for local library members. Often on Bookbub, I can find about 5-7 books a week to download for free. I read about 3 books a week so it's wonderful.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

All of these but also, some authors offer freebies from time to time. I usually keep an eye on their social media for that.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Carolyn O
Currently Reading:

Post by Carolyn O »

I've a Kindle fire for 2 years, hubby has a prime account, I've over 12,000 Free ebooks from Amazon, still don't know how to send through email though. I just go to Amazon, type in free ebooks, pick 4-5 stars. Can even say free classic ebooks, been there done that. I have how to, cooking, decluttering, etc. PS. Keep most in cloud, delete from device or if don't want to keep delete from home.
mlgooding11

Post by mlgooding11 »

There are several sites you can join that will send you emails about free books or contests you can enter for free book. Some of the ones I use are: Bookbub, Freebooksey, Lineup, and Netgalley. Good Luck!
chiadeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiadeer.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by chiadeer »

If you have an Amazon prime membership they have the Kindle first books. Each month prime members can pick one out of 6 about to be released books for free. I also had a kindle unlimited subscription once and it was great. While not free you can read as much as you want while you have it. I got a black friday deal on the kindle unlimited subscription a few years ago and it was great. I've been hoping they would do it again.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”