Kindle Fire

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
b_marie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Kindle Fire

Post by b_marie »

Is the Kindle Fire as good as the advertisements say it is?
min

Post by min »

Yes.

I use my kindle fire just about all day for absolutely everything. There are a few glitches, but I think they are coming out with an updated version of it soon. I don't mind the glitches all that much. Totally worth it though. It's $300 less than the ipad and the only real difference is the camera--- kindle doesn't have one. But who wants to hold up a gigantic thing anyway, especially when we all have cameras on our phones nowadays

Anyway, yes. I love my Kindle Fire.
bcling

Post by bcling »

We have a Kindle fire as well as a regular Kindle. I like both for different reasons - the Fire to play games & surf the web and the regular for reading. I don't enjoy reading on the Fire as much because of the glare on the screen.
min

Post by min »

yeah i usually keep the brightness level super low when im reading on my k. fire
frost32

Post by frost32 »

I have a Kindle Fire and a DX which my brother mostly uses. The fire is absolutely a great product, and totally worth every cent. The same types of tablet available in market by other companies are so expensive. But for reading books i always prefer the DX, because of it's e-ink display. It never puts strain on the eyes.
kaylahar6
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylahar6.html
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan

Post by kaylahar6 »

:D :mrgreen: I have a kindle fire and it's absolutely amazing! :mrgreen:
Latest Review: "The Shades" by Anup Dhirwan
Aleist
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleist.html

Post by Aleist »

I love my kindle fire! The only thing I wish I knew how to do is organize my books a little better. I have so many books on the device that it would be easier to be able to group them. There may be a way to do this since the update has come out. However, I have yet to successfully download the update to my device. :(

Happy reading! :)
Sarah1
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah1.html
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew

Post by Sarah1 »

Absolutely! I love mine! I even have a seperate account on the kindle free time for my kids so they don't get into my books and goof up which page I was on! Love it!
"You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child." Dr. Seuss
Latest Review: "The Paranormal Gazette" by Anthony Bartholomew
Samrozie23

Post by Samrozie23 »

I have a kindle fire and I absolutely LOVE it. I use it all the time. I download my textbookson it for school and I can study anywhere. Also makes it nice to be able to download and read books anytime I want. I can ever put gameson it for my 9 month old son and it's easy for him to hold and use.
animalgirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animalgirl.html

Post by animalgirl »

I have a Kindle Fire HDX. I guess that's the newer version. I use it to do word searches and other games, also I can watch music videos and listen to music. But for reading I use my Kindle Touch. I wish I would have gotten a paper white though because of the lighted screen. I just looked on amazon and the few they have are like two hundred dollars or nearly that and that' more than I can afford now.
Chrystal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal.html

Post by Chrystal »

I have the Kindle Fire HD 8.9", as a reader it is quite good, I really like it. I preserve the device's memory by placing my books in the Kindle Cloud. The drawback for me, as a tablet is limited by Amazon's refusal to allow Playstore App usage.
Wishing you a terrific read, Chrystal
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I have the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and love it. Before that, I had the 2nd Generation Kindle Fire 7" and also loved it. It's very user-friendly and you can't beat the convenience of it. I can read a book, play a game (love Candy Crush!), watch a TV show or movie, surf the web. The best part is that Amazon has superb customer service that troubleshoots or just answers a quick question in a flash.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
haze58
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haze58.html

Post by haze58 »

I absolutely love the flexibility and functionality of the Kindle Fire. I read a ton, but I also right quite a bit. I bought a Bluetooth keyboard that allows for easier typing and it made my Fire even better. I recommend the Fire to people all the time.
Beamer92
Currently Reading: Hexed
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beamer92.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Beamer92 »

I bought the first Kindle Fire HD that came out (7"?), got it for school to save money on textbooks. BUT I ended up loving it for its tablet capabilities also. I've got Hulu, some games, and I use it for books whenever its significantly cheaper (a lot). Definitely my favorite traveling companion since I don't have to carry 3 big books in my backpack anymore.
hope4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hope4.html

Post by hope4 »

I am on my third Kindle, I keep wearing them out! This is a kindle Fire and is always within hands reach. My husband prefers books, I love my Kindle. There are books that you need to have in your library and then there are books that are read with no need to retain the original. You can always reread your Kindle books if you choose. For my, this form works best.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”