Kindle Prime: Good or Bad?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Threadend
Favorite Author: Sylvia Plath
Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Vol. 1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-threadend.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 7000

Re: Kindle Prime: Good or Bad?

Post by Threadend »

I think it really depends on what you're looking for. If you're more interested in content, it may be a good thing to get involved in (with or without the shipping). I've been tempted to join but as I am saving money for school, I must admire from afar. Also, thanks everyone, I had no idea music was also included in this!
kasi1215
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasi1215.html
Latest Review: "To Gen X, Baby Boomers and Millennials, with Love" by Francis T. Sganga

Post by kasi1215 »

I LOVE my prime membership. I bought it as a student at a discounted rate and never discontinued it. Every year I say I'm going to reevaluate if I need it or not...and I just end up using it more and more. I LOVE having a free book each month.

I also recently switched from iPhone to a samsung galaxy phone and discovered that Samsung and Amazon have a deal where I can select one free book each month with them too...2 (good) free books each month!!
Latest Review: "To Gen X, Baby Boomers and Millennials, with Love" by Francis T. Sganga
Jodie567
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodie567.html

Post by Jodie567 »

I personally love my kindle fire and Amazon prime is resourceful if you don't want to join kindle unlimited for the monthly cost the only down side is most books I choose are series starters therefore I would have to wait a month till able to check out next book given that it's also a prime book but I still think it's a great perk amongst many of Amazon prime.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I do not like Prime. I do not think it is worth it. If I really want a free book i'd rather do the $9.99 a month, which I am not doing, but I would go that route first.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Dondoug
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dondoug.html

Post by Dondoug »

So im still undecided if i would do the unlimited one to read or prime. But thank you all. I willprobably decide at a later time.. Thank you
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by papaya12 »

I love Amazon Prime. The two day shipping is pretty great despite how it sounds. The books that you can get for free are pretty good they have the whole Harry Potter series and all of Lord of the Rings. They've also got lots of good movies and TV shows to watch. They also give you lots of music. I've had Prime for about three years now and I use it at least every two days.
BarryEM
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by BarryEM »

I signed up for Prime shortly after the program began. I don't remember how many years ago that was. For the first few years it was simply a free shipping program and I live in a rural area without a car so it was a big saving and convenience for me.

Later they added free videos and recently the Prime books. I watch a lot of the videos. I don't have a TV or want one with all the commercials. I've gotten one Prime book just to try it out but I have so many books in my library it seems I already have most of the ones they offer that interest me.

Still, for me, the reason for Prime is the free shipping. I probably order 10 to 15 items a month using it. It's great.

Barry
sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

I think it depends on the individual. I live in a rural area, so the extra shipping is a wonderful perk for me. I also love having access to the free Kindle offers, the Kindle sample boxes, and the Kindle emails.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

I found it worth the price. Because I use prime videos, music and also no delivery charges if the product comes under prime, which most of the time is and half books under kindle unlimited are available for prime too. one book free per month is not worth getting prime the selection of the books are not that great. You could buy those books for less money. If you use all their services go for it
tayloremily
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tayloremily.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by tayloremily »

I am a huge fan of Amazon in general. I am a prime membership holder. I also have the Kindle unlimited and with both combined it's very worth it. I shop for daily or monthly household things and clothes too on Amazon though. That's why the membership fee is worth it. But for the two day shipping and free download copied it every worth it depending on how often you plan to use Amazon.
Mike2417
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mike2417 »

I’m not a big amazon user but when I do use amazon it has great prices. And is very helpful.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”