Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Renelaine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renelaine.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Renelaine »

I'm a new reviewer. I tried to download a Pdf file but it wont download on my Kindle tablet (first generation) . it keeps downloading after 24 hours& doesn't finish
LB1
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by LB1 »

I can’t get my kindle to open book. It tells to download Kimble reading app and when I try to download the app it tells me none is available!
When I try to open the link on my iPhone 7 it tells me safari can’t open the page.

My granddaughter suggested that my kindle is too old for this technology but I wouldn’t know that. Any suggestions?
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

Hi my case is a bit different I use huawei phone its not even downloading the mobile file I even have the kindle app and its not working
bello22
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello22.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
Reading Device: B01LWAM0V1

Post by bello22 »

Hi, the kindle app is not compatible with my tablet and i can't seem to change my download option for the bood i want to download. Is there anything i can do about this.
Cbottoms626

Post by Cbottoms626 »

Did you try the solution above? Which one(s)--Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3? No apply
Do you get some kind of specific error message? What does it say exactly? No the book says I already downloaded but it isn’t in my library
What device are you using? I e tried kindle app on iPhone, iPad and Mac
Have you ever been able to open a mobi file in the Kindle App on that device? Not using a mobi file
What other details or information can you provide to help troubleshoot? Any other details are helpful. :)
LB1

Post by LB1 »

I have posted before that I have been unable to open the downloaded book on my kindle or my smart phone. I have not seen a reply from this forum.
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a solution I discovered for working around any issues people might encounter when the only option for downloading the book you want is the .mobi file, and you are unable to open the file.

I recently chose a book for review (Toxix Side Effect by Sandy Magner) and the only option for download was .mobi. Even though I hadn't tried this type of file before, I went for it because I wanted the book. At first, I couldn't get it to open on my phone (I have an iPhone) and so I read through the troubleshooting options here on the forum. I should also mention that I own a Kindle, but I mostly read books on my phone and iPad, using the Kindle app. Anyway, after going through the various troubleshooting suggestions and not getting any results, I decided to simply look for the book within the app on my iPad, and voila! The book was there, and it was available for free. I therefore never needed to use the .mobi file.

All in all, if you too are dealing with a .mobi file related issue, maybe try looking for the book you want in the Kindle app and getting it that way instead? This worked for me!
LB1

Post by LB1 »

Thank you for your input and help but it hasn’t helped me. I can buy the book but it won’t open the one I have downloaded. So far nothing is working and I’ve reread the troubleshooting on my kindle to no avail! I have opened new kindle and amazon apps on my phone and that isn’t helping either! I’m about ready to give this up.
MichelleC99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MichelleC99 »

I opted to read the book by downloading a PDF, but I can’t figure out how to save the file to my phone so I can actually read it. Can I go back and choose a different format? I have the Kindle app, but couldn’t figure out how to download the book that way either.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

I have had serious difficulty downloading the book He can't remember and she can't forget by L. S. Hoffman.

1. PDF format
2. Adobe reader
3. I have been able to download PDF files easily before now.
4. I simply click on the link and the document opens when it has finished downloading.
5. It doesn't even start downloading at all. It just says error occurred.
6. The error message : An error has occurred. A report has been sent to the webmaster, Scott. The ID number of this report is 1528618292.
7. I have tried using several devices to download this book with the same result. I tried downloading the Nook. It did not download on my system. I successfully downloaded the Kindle App. The Kindle version of this book is not available in my region - Nigeria. I could only see the paperback version of the book on Amazon.

Please Help.
tdlorimer
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders

Post by tdlorimer »

I have tried numerous times to open the file (on my Mac, kindle and on my android) that was sent to me and I only get error codes 404 on all devices. I have emailed requesting support on each attempt but no one has responded and I keep getting emails my review is late. I'm going to have to close my account since I can't open the book to read and I can't choose another book.
Yagyo88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yagyo88.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Yagyo88 »

I have been battling to open the file on my PC .I hope Kindle is compatible with windows 10,please help.
Ogunyan123taiwo+-

Post by Ogunyan123taiwo+- »

Please,I want to quit the book I had chosen and choose another one but I couldn't .please help me.
Mary112016
Currently Reading:

Post by Mary112016 »

I cannot download the book...
Nan3bugs

Post by Nan3bugs »

My computer is not recognzing Mobi. I have downloaded the Kindle app to my phone.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”