Overall rating and opinion of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Overall rating and opinion of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the February 2023 Book of the month, Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul by Mitzi Perdue

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

I am currently reading it and am really enjoying the book so far.

I love the cover!! He seems genuinely happy and enjoying life at the time this photo was taken. I also love the colors that are chosen.

I have read many of the versions of the “Chicken Soup for the….” books in the past and have gained a ton of help from them. It’s nice to read about the man behind them.

Yes I would recommend this book to all my friends and anyone who loves to read this type of book.
Faith Stacy Leon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

I love the content of this book because it inspired me. For one to succeed, he or she must be determined, focused, patient, and resilient. If not, little setbacks would deter the person from pursuing his or her dreams. The non-fiction genre was incorporated into it. I recommend it to readers of self-help books. The writer's style of writing was beautiful.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

I adore the information in this book because it inspired me. One needs to be persistent, focused, resilient, and determined to keep pushing to avoid minor setbacks discouraging the person from following their objectives. There were elements of non-fiction in it. I advise self-help book readers to read it. Beautiful writing was done by the author.
Last edited by Faith Stacy Leon on 02 Feb 2023, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

I adore the knowledge in this book since it inspired me. In order to succeed, one must be persistent, focused, resilient, and determined. Otherwise, even slight setbacks will deter a person from pursuing their goals. It contained aspects of non-fiction. I suggest it to people who read self-help books. The author produced some really lovely writing.
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:

I admire the wisdom in this book since it gave me inspiration. One needs to be persistent, focused, resilient, and determined in order to succeed. Otherwise, even minor setbacks will discourage a person from working toward their objectives. It had elements of non-fiction in it.
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Honestly motivational guides are not my thing but I loved the fact that the proceeds from the sale of this book shall be used for a noble cause and I admire that. That's what made me more interested in reading the book.
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I read this book last year, and the amount of nuggets in it still baffle me. I enjoyed the writing style; it seemed quite conversational. Don't think there was a least favorite about this book. I'd award it a perfect rating.
Cristina Corui Mihailescu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Christine M. Whitehead
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Shadow Song
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-corui-mihailescu.html
Latest Review: What is Autism? by Damien Rist
fav_author_id: 8698

Post by Cristina Corui Mihailescu »

Years ago, when reading Chicken Soup for the Soul, I was fascinated by the meaningful stories. Now, reading about Mr Hansen's life, his determination and his setbacks, I felt that his character is a life lesson. One has to be strong-willed and pursue one's goals. Like a fashionable motivational book, but far from being just that, Mitzi Perdue's style makes this book stand out.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

Having read many of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, I decided to give this one a try. I'm still reading and thoroughly enjoying it so far. I love feel-good books that remind me to persevere and keep myself focused on my goals in order to succeed. I really like the cover art of the book too. 
Alex Reeves
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Magnets
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-reeves.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Alex Reeves »

This book, according to some publications, was voted best biography book of 2022. This means that it's content is unparalleled, and reading this book will definitely add a reasonable amount of value to my life. People seeking a direct guide to their life purposes will greatly benefit from this book.
“Nothing happens to anybody which he is not fitted to bear.”
Marcus Aurelius :tiphat:
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 66%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

I am currently reading this book and I'm almost finished. Mark Victor Hansen is certainly an inspiration to everyone to be optimistic, relentless in the face of adversity and to be giving to others. I don't know many people who can live up to him. The book has certainly given me a chance to reflect on my life and how I can make a change to do things better. I love Mitzi Perdue's style of writing. It flows easily into the next chapter and makes you anxious to know what comes next.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I read and reviewed this book and I rate it 4 out 4 stars because it is highly relevant and has useful ideas that we can implement into our lives. I especially liked the fact that the author wrote both the good and the bad sides of Mark Victor Hansen's life which added authenticity and a well rounded viewpoint. In the end, we can definitely learn from Hansen's life and his examples which prove to be quite valuable.
Joanna Olson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joanna-olson.html
Latest Review: One Hand Two Hearts by S.K. Alfstad

Post by Joanna Olson »

I'm currently reading and so far I am totally invested in this book. I find learning about Mark's life to be extremely fascinating. Seeing how he created the Chicken Soup books is eye opening!
Joanna Olson
@joannasbookshelf :D
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by PinkRose572 »

As regards my opinion of it, I think Perdue did an amazing job by writing about this exceptional figure, Mark Victor Hansen. This helps people to know about the policies, belief system, and the like, that Mark initiated and pursued to achieve fame to his name. Based on this, I rate it five out of five stars.

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”