Overall rating and opinion of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Use this forum to discuss the February 2023 Book of the Month, "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue.
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=551978

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I loved reading about the man behind the Chicken Soup books. For years My family and friends have read and discussed these books, never giving a thought to the person behind them. Thanks for a great book.
Cheryl Erickson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

I have started reading this biography and am enjoying it very much. I think the cover is great because his big smile represents his optimism. The writing style flows nicely. favorite thing about the book is Hansen's perseverance. One thing that I learned is to inspire others to make a difference in our world. I have read Mark Victor Hansen's books since I was a teenager. I am also reading Chicken Soup For the Christian Family Soul. I love learning about Hansen's life and the man behind such inspirational books. I would recommend it to people who enjoy biographies about inspirational role models.
Patty Allread
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

What I like most about this book is that it is a biography with a self-help aspect. I think author Perdue did a fantastic job building this feature into her story.
AllTooWell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

I have started reading this book, and so far I am enjoying it. I had no previous knowledge of Mark Victor Hansen or his book, so I love that Mitzi Perdue took the time to introduce him. I cannot wait to finish this book and learn more about him, and his work and get inspired.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

I just started reading the book, and so far I can say that the author expertly writes this biography of Mark Victor Hanson. What I have liked the most so far is his ability to inspire hope through his writing and how he shows the significance of perseverance through the subject's life. Another significant lesson revolves around how to turn failures into successes through a strong work ethic and a relentless spirit. It is a five out of five for me so far.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

I enjoyed reading this. I walked away respecting Mark at the beginning of his career -- how he worked hard and earned his bike and success. But, the more success he gained, the more I got the impression he is entitled. Perdue mentioned that he spends a lot of time in court with people. Her mention of his estranged relationship with his ex-wife and daughter really made me question a lot about what happened there. It was insightful.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Melissa Jane wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 03:39 This is a discussion topic for the February 2023 Book of the month, Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul by Mitzi Perdue

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genre is the book? What genres are woven into the text? What did you think of the cover and title? What was the greatest lesson you learned from the book? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on the Bookshelf.
My overall opinion is that this book reiterates consistency as the key to success. Do not be drowned by the storms of life. Rise beyond your limitations, and success is yours. I felt motivated by Mr. Hansen's resolve, leading him to unimaginable success.
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I like the book. It provides insights into the life of the successful Mark Victor Hansen. Mitzi Perdue was able to capture and give lessons from Hansen's experiences.
I will recommend it to people who are trying to figure out their life and how to go about it. This book will not only state the importance of having a goal, it will help readers identify and develop goals for themselves.
Andrea Peles
Currently Reading: Alaska Deadly
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrea-peles.html
Latest Review: The Poison Of Perfection by Angela Wadley

Post by Andrea Peles »

Although, I haven't heard about Mark Victor Hansen before and his book Chicken Soup for the Soul, I decided to purchase the book Relentless by Mitzi Perdue. By now I really enjoy reading the book and absorbing knowledge about Mark's life. Furthermore, I find his life really fascinating from an early age, on how he managed to both work and save money to pursue his goal. Also, I like how the book is structured and that at the end of every chapter the author is summarizing what readers can learn from Mark's life experiences. I would recommend this book to anybody who wants to live an aware and meaningful life. :techie-studyingbrown:
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Post by Christell Lindeque »

I found this book inspirational, and it was a fast read. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and reading about Mark's journey was a highlight. I especially enjoyed the part of the book about his book that hit a world record in the number of sales it received.
OTrain Disene
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flight Quack
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-disene.html
Latest Review: Mysteries by Graham Wilson

Post by OTrain Disene »

The cover is what I loved and drew me first. The knowledge that the author shared was very appreciated. The style of writing, although it wasn't my type of style, I understood the role it played on such a book. It was calm, with soft tone that accommodated everything concisely. The book balanced the bad and a good about an individual which most books fail short on. Full five stars from my side.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Vivian Writes »

The cover was a picture of Mark Perdue smiling and looking optimistic. I thought the book cover fir the message of the book and was uplifting. The author’s writing style was also commendable.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

I have just finished reading this book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My favourite part is about Mark's childhood with all antics and ingenuity he and his brothers were capable of. I also liked the words of self-help wisdom and the examples of Mark's failures and successes. Least of all I probably liked the list of a hundred traits of a perfect person to marry - a modest part of the Mark's list of 267 (!?). And the choice of the favourite restaurant to deliver the breakup message to Patty over chocolate mousse. But thinking philosophically, these eccentricities look like parts and parcels of Mark's effervescent personality unrestrainable to conventional boundaries. All in all, the book is very thought-provoking and useful, and I gladly rate it 5 out of 5 stars.
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Post by Brian Ruguru »

First, I'd love to acknowledge the writing style because it was heart-felt. I could feel the words as though I was the one under discussion. In addition, I hardly encountered complexities with the meanings.
Brian Ruguru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicroy.html
Latest Review: Sunshine Snow Snowbird by Kenneth Bainey

Post by Brian Ruguru »

What I liked the most was the failures Mark endured. I mean, even the previous series, Chicken Soup for the Soul, had to endure numerous rejections by publishers. Indeed, he is relentless!

Return to “Discuss "Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless: Wisdom Behind the Incomparable Chicken Soup for the Soul" by Mitzi Perdue”