Which kind of Nook do you have?

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.

1st Edition, 3G + Wi-Fi Version
9%
1st Edition, WiFi Only
10%
Nook Simple Touch
34%
Nook Color
26%
I don't have a Nook.
21%

Total votes: 68

Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Which kind of Nook do you have? Why? Are you happy with it?

I have a Nook Simple Touch (a.k.a. Nook 2nd Edition). I have this because my wife bought it for me for my birthday. But I would have chosen this anyway because I would rather have the E Ink display than a back-lit screen because reading on back-lit screens for long times hurts my eyes especially in dimly lit rooms, and I already spend a lot of time looking at my laptop screen on smartphone screen. I am very happy with my Nook.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
slpeters2009
Favorite Author: Sarah Addison Allen
Favorite Book: Garden Spells
Currently Reading: Distant Hours by Kate Norton
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 1802

Post by slpeters2009 »

Nook Color---I love it!
tonya10057
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: honest illusions
Currently Reading: The next always
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by tonya10057 »

slpeters2009 wrote:Nook Color---I love it!
me too
Shadow_Steph
Favorite Author: Ally Carter
Favorite Book: Gallagher Girls
Currently Reading: Seeing Green the eco mystery book three
fav_author_id: 4387

Post by Shadow_Steph »

Currently I have a wifi nook first edition. It was Christmas 2010 gift. I love it because it is to get Barnes and Noble gift cards to buy the books. Also for my own personal touch I bought a decalgirl sticker of a wolf for it. If you're not familar with decalgirl it's a company that makes sticker decals for all sorts of devices if you can think of they make a decal for it. Anyways it's a nice website with tons of designs to choose from.

I am in the process of saving money towards my next nook which I think be the simple touch cause as fun as the color and tablet are to play with the LCD screen is harder on th e eyes.
ymoweta

Post by ymoweta »

I currently downloaded Kindle for PC and Reader for PC onto my computer. I found both easy to use. Thanks everyone for the information on the Kindle and Nook. I'll remember these facts when I'm ready to get one.
literarylover+1

Post by literarylover+1 »

hmmmm I was planning on getting the Nook Glowlight because I love to read in bed. I am hearing here that it will be too bright?? I often fall asleep with the light on, so I was hoping to alleviate that problem! =P Is the Nook Simple Touch lighted at all? Thanks! =)
proudmom25
Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY
Currently Reading: The Gift by Cecilia Ahern
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proudmom25.html

Post by proudmom25 »

I have the Nook simple touch I actually got it for mother's day from hubby. I love it I seem to never loose my place and with 3 kids i def needed something that would keep my page where i left off! It does not have a light what so ever I love to read in bed too but i found it alot more cheaper to get myself a clip on book light for a couple bucks versus upgrading to the nook light im not paying that much more for the same exact thing!!!
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
Sandra825
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra825.html
Latest Review: "Chronicles of the Kingdom" by DeJuan Davis

Post by Sandra825 »

I recently bought a nook tablet, and I love it!!! it does have the backlight and I can adjust it to compensate for too much light around me, or not enough. It is alot of fun for me, but also for my five year old son, since there are quite a few interactive books you can purchase for his age group. Definately worth what i have spent on it.
Latest Review: "Chronicles of the Kingdom" by DeJuan Davis
literarylover+1

Post by literarylover+1 »

Since I last inquired in May, since I didn't hear from anyone, I went ahead and chose the Glowlight. I love it!! I can fall asleep and not have to worry about not getting the light shut off by my bed! =) I am addicted for sure! I still love my books though!! I will always reread those! Happy reading all! :D
proudmom25
Favorite Book: Hard to say so... MANY
Currently Reading: The Gift by Cecilia Ahern
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proudmom25.html

Post by proudmom25 »

proudmom25 wrote:I have the Nook simple touch I actually got it for mother's day from hubby. I love it I seem to never loose my place and with 3 kids i def needed something that would keep my page where i left off! It does not have a light what so ever I love to read in bed too but i found it alot more cheaper to get myself a clip on book light for a couple bucks versus upgrading to the nook light im not paying that much more for the same exact thing!!!
Don't get me wrong i very much want the glow light nook but after getting the 1 i have the only way im upgrading is if i get a tablet lol I do love my nook very much :)
~"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves".~
GarnetCompass

Post by GarnetCompass »

I don't have a Nook, but I might be interested in getting one in the future. Which would you recommend?
KatjaB

Post by KatjaB »

Hmm.. couldn't figure out how to cast my vote.

I have a Nook Color and I like it. Sometimes it is a bit sensitive to the tough though and I have not had that issue with my Kindle.

I have also noticed that when I try to download books from places other than Nook (eg Gutenberg-org etc) the Nook requires more steps.

I use both readers, but like the Kindle Fire a tad better than the Nook Color.

Huggles,

Katja
fairykingdom

Post by fairykingdom »

I have a Nook color and I love it! My kids all either have or are soon getting Nook simple touches. The ones that already have one like them a lot. They all have ipods or tablets so I didn't see any need in getting them anything but a simple touch.

I homeschool all four of them, and we dedicate Wednesdays strictly to detailed studies of the arts. We have to do it all on the go, as we spend the entire day in a different town. I have found a lot of apps that we use for this purpose that have come in very handy, especially for entertaining the youngest!

We all love our e readers but they will never replace a real book. I try very hard to maintain a balance of technology and "tradition". :) Nooks definitely come in handy!!
cynde11

Post by cynde11 »

I have a Nook Color and I love it. It goes everywhere with me. I have magazines and books to read all the time. Barnes and noble has a free Friday blog where they post free books of all genres. It's great. I have read things I would not have read just by searching the library. I still check out books from the library because I don't have to much extra $$$ to spend. It is cool that you can borrow from others Nook users also. The WiFi also is a plus for checking email and browsing websites. My Nook color is the best "toy" I ever bought !
shyluh_anne
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shyluh-anne.html

Post by shyluh_anne »

Nook Tablet and I love it! :)

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”