Which kind of Nook do you have?

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.

Which kind of Nook do you have?

1st Edition, 3G + Wi-Fi Version
9%
1st Edition, WiFi Only
10%
Nook Simple Touch
34%
Nook Color
26%
I don't have a Nook.
21%

Total votes: 68

Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Re: Which kind of Nook do you have?

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

I have a Nook Tablet. Its width is on the shorter side while it's pretty long length-wise, and I really like that about it! It makes it comfortable for reading. I do prefer traditional books many times because it's just better for my eyes and even more comfortable in my hands, but nonetheless, the Nook Tablet is very useful.
MzJanie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MzJanie »

I have a Nook HD- I use it everyday, for reading, games, various apps & for accessing my email. Although I treasure my traditional library, I find the e-reader books much less expensive, easily accessible, and my Nook library travels with me wherever I go! Many Nook books are available free online, so it's possible to acquire a varied selection of reading material at little or no expense. I also value the option to switch between volumes whenever i choose, as I often read 2 or more books simultaneously. My grandchildren are also fascinated with my Nook, and look forward to playing their favorite games on my device. Wouldn't want to be without it! 8-)
grandlady07
Currently Reading:

Post by grandlady07 »

I am very happy with my Nook I received the first one for Christmas a couple years ago for my daughter and son-in-law and then I traded that one in for the new Nook Color tablet it holds a lot of books it helps me to keep the books organized I don't have to carry heavy books around because I want to read I can carry my Nook anywhere I want to go and I enjoy it it is one of the best readers I have ever had
Booklooker
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Booklooker »

I have a Samsung nook. I also have nook apps for my PC and my android phone. The Samsung is great because it allows you to also utilize the kindle app and overdrive apps. Since I love to read it gives me a diverse option of materials. The other thing that I like is that it allows you to search the web and calender events.

The apps for nook also are fairly good. I will say that the phone app has shut down on me a few times and is often runs less effectively then PC app but does have a pretty good serial reads program.

If you are looking for a tablet type device this gives you a good multi tooled option.
Tomatogirl99
Currently Reading:

Post by Tomatogirl99 »

I'm on my third one,seems they just stop working.
I love my nook books
Sweetnana01
Currently Reading:

Post by Sweetnana01 »

I have the Samsung Galaxy tab A6. It’s ok but the books on there when you go to them there is a computer voice reading and it is difficult to turn off. But otherwise I really like it. I have games on there, color by number.
berrybeauty16

Post by berrybeauty16 »

I love it too
berrybeauty16

Post by berrybeauty16 »

Love the nook tablet
Ktwills79
Currently Reading: Mistress Bradstreet
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktwills79.html
Latest Review: The Elf Archive - Book Two of the Magi Charter by Jordan David
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Ktwills79 »

I have a Nook SimpleTouch that is a couple of years old--I like it since it's very basic and I don't get distracted by being able to go online, etc. It's starting to get some lines across the screen though and it no longer has all the functionalities that it started with (I used to actually be able to go online to some extent and the screen saver had multiple pictures whereas it now only shows one), but overall it's a great little eReader. I can download books from the library, which is huge for me. Customer service is so terrible though that I would probably not get a Nook again, just for that reason.
2 3 2
Currently Reading:

Post by 2 3 2 »

I have the 2nd edition of the Nook. It just recently "died" on me and when I asked for help the "Nook Folks" said there was nothing I could do. Seeing as I use it constantly, and it has always been fine for my purposes, I refused to buy a newer version. My sweet husband found out there are replaceable pieces sold for it and bought me a new battery on-line ($25.00)and repaired it. Now I am a Happy Reader once again. I do love to read hardcover and paperback books as well. I donate them to the local libraries or a local thrift shop when they start to pile up.
2 3 2 :D
rhyta09

Post by rhyta09 »

I have several Simple Touch with Glowlight and I love them. Bought several on ebay for backup, that's why I have extra. Just gave one to my sister and my Mom used one for about 3 years and enjoyed it. I didn't like the plus but I did buy a Glowlight 3 last year for Christmas. Haven't enjoyed it much, don't like the orange light and the fonts are wonky.
Plan on sticking with my STw/glowlights as long as I can.
Ctcntry4
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ctcntry4.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Ctcntry4 »

I have a Nook Color but at this point I’m worried it’s too outdated to be able to do much.
Devy123
Currently Reading:

Post by Devy123 »

I used to have a look tablet it is really great I get to play games and also read. I like to input notes and write them out a note to myself. I get to learn a lot from what I read rather than carrying ten books in my backpack
Outlawm

Post by Outlawm »

I have a Book Glowlight. I love the simplicity of it and I can adjust the lighting for when I’m reading in bed or if I’m outside. I enjoy reading outside by the pool and this has been the perfect solution to reading ebooks in the sunlight.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by mariana90 »

I have had my Nook Simple Touch for over five years, it still works like a charm. Had to buy a new screen after it fell and cracked, did the repair myself and everything worked perfectly. The button to turn the page is starting to crack, but still functional. So in my opinion, greatest purchase ever!!

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”