Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble
. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 20 Oct 2016, 19:14
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irishwfl.html
I have a nook simple touch - no apps, only internet acesss is the Barnes and noble store. I have a kindle app on my iPad but don't like to read on my iPad. Is there a way to get my Kindle books to to the nook. I have calibre.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 20 Nov 2016, 13:01
- Bookshelf Size: 14
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-april-b.html
If there is a way, I haven't figured it out yet. I'm interested to find out myself.
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 11 Oct 2016, 15:06
- 2017 Reading Goal: 2
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 400
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karolinka.html
- Latest Review: "Loose Threads" by J. O. Quantaman
- Reading Device: 1400698987
I am also considering buying a Nook this Christmas and was wondering the same thing. Any ideas about that?
"How to be a writer. Step one: Write."
- A. Beauchamp.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 15 Sep 2016, 18:08
- Bookshelf Size: 43
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-word-lover.html
- Latest Review: "A Taste of Highland Culture" by Evie Stapleton
I am not familiar with the Simple Touch version of the nook, but the one that I had a nook not that long ago (it was one step down from the super Galaxy Tab) and had internet/app functionality. While that version was able to download apps (such as Kindle and Overdrive), I felt like I was having a lot of problems with it. The battery would drain really quick with all but one app closed and I had to reset the whole thing 2 or 3 times within 6 months of getting it. And let me tell you, resetting it was such a headache! You had to have multiple accounts and passwords before you could even get into it! It was such a mess that my husband ended up getting me an iPad mini to use as my e-reader and I love it. I am a fan of Apple products (on my 3rd iPhone and regular Mac computer) and am very pleased with my Mini. It is small enough to easily carry, pretty light weight and allows me multiple options for reading formats and apps. If you are not a fan of the nook, I would strongly recommend the iPad Mini for your e-reader replacement.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 05 Oct 2017, 20:28
- Bookshelf Size: 6
Is there no Other way to get this Nook done?