Glowlight dead

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
Zackadoom
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zackadoom.html

Glowlight dead

Post by Zackadoom »

I have a Nook ST with glowlight. It's the dark gray one, so a few years old. Well, the glowlight does not come on anymore. It says it's on but it isn't. Any ideas? Can Barnes and Noble help?
angelaleechen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by angelaleechen »

My glowlight died... wouldn't update software anymore, just died! I just gave it up and started reading Kindle on my mini-ipad that I already owned for other reasons... disappointed, but now it seems Nook is obsolete anyway: it's Kindle totally dominant, and Kobo a distant second.
BkShpGrrl
Currently Reading: Heir of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by BkShpGrrl »

The Barnes and Noble employee may have an idea of what happened from experience with other customers. Usually, when there is a major mechanical error with the device and not the usual software problems that can be reset, the employee will connect you with the corporate nook team to assist. You may have to send your device in for repairs. If not under warranty, they may charge a small fee for repairs. I will warn you that the B&N employee will attempt to get you to trade it in for a newer model. It actually is a decent deal. They used to give you $50 for trade-in towards your new Nook; this may still be the same deal offered. Good luck!
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

this is very much disappointing. The technical support team are also helpless sometimes when I tried to catch them for some issues. the YouTube tutorials helped me better in fixing the issues.

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”