Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble
. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
- Posts: 363
- Joined: 04 Jul 2014, 15:08
- Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
- Bookshelf Size: 33
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
- Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
- Reading Device: 1400698987
- fav_author_id: 10781
Does anyone have one of the Samsung nooks? I'm thinking about getting one for my husband. How does it differ from Nook Color?
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 24 May 2015, 13:27
- Currently Reading: Midwives
- Bookshelf Size: 4
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1rskrypka.html
- Reading Device: 1400697484
I have the Samsung Nook. It is the best one I have had so far. A computer and e reader in one. Much faster and better screen resolution than the Nook Color, I have that as well. You can also download the Kindle App on the Samsung Nook which gives you the best of both worlds. So all my Kindle stuff is there as well.
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 11 Feb 2016, 22:22
- Currently Reading: Island Games
- Bookshelf Size: 14
I have a samsung nook. The plus is that it is a tablet and book reader in one. It has good speed and it allows for adjustmwnts in color and font size. It is also light and very portable.
Some of the negatives are that if you have a nook some of the games will not transfer over. You will have to either purchase a new version or fined some new games. Also the share with friends option is now longer visible.
That aside it is a nice product and since I have a Samsung phone it also syncs the nook app.
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 19 Jul 2016, 21:11
- 2017 Reading Goal: 40
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
- Bookshelf Size: 25
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chateau-buoy.html
- Reading Device: 1400697484
I use my Samsung Galaxy Nook a lot and it is a very good e-reader; however, it is impossible to read outside in the sun. I love being outside in the sun! I'm thinking about getting a screen cover but I'm not sure how much it will help. I wish I had gotten the glowlight or one of the other already matte type screened nooks. Otherwise its a great e-reader!
Pros of the Samsung Nook: It's like a tablet! I call it my iPad. You can search the web on it just like a tablet.
Cons of the Samsung Nook: LED screen makes it impossible to see in the sun.
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 24 Jul 2016, 12:45
- Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
- Bookshelf Size: 12
Does anyone have one of the Samsung nooks? How does it differ from the Nook HD 7 inch? I want to give it to my cousin
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 28 Jun 2018, 08:39
- Bookshelf Size: 0
After using it for a month now, I find Samsung Nook more convenient than the Nook color because I can easily download books I want to read even TV episodes. It also comes with GPS and a Micro USB port, you can even use it as your remote control.