New Samsung Nook

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
sahmoun2778
Favorite Author: Dana Stabenow
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahmoun2778.html
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
Reading Device: 1400698987
fav_author_id: 10781

New Samsung Nook

Post by sahmoun2778 »

Does anyone have one of the Samsung nooks? I'm thinking about getting one for my husband. How does it differ from Nook Color?
Latest Review: "Consent to Unleash" by Kevin Allen
1rskrypka
Currently Reading: Midwives
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1rskrypka.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by 1rskrypka »

I have the Samsung Nook. It is the best one I have had so far. A computer and e reader in one. Much faster and better screen resolution than the Nook Color, I have that as well. You can also download the Kindle App on the Samsung Nook which gives you the best of both worlds. So all my Kindle stuff is there as well.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

How does it differ from the Nook HD 7 inch?
Booklooker
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Booklooker »

I have a samsung nook. The plus is that it is a tablet and book reader in one. It has good speed and it allows for adjustmwnts in color and font size. It is also light and very portable.

Some of the negatives are that if you have a nook some of the games will not transfer over. You will have to either purchase a new version or fined some new games. Also the share with friends option is now longer visible.

That aside it is a nice product and since I have a Samsung phone it also syncs the nook app.
chateau_buoy
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chateau-buoy.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by chateau_buoy »

I use my Samsung Galaxy Nook a lot and it is a very good e-reader; however, it is impossible to read outside in the sun. I love being outside in the sun! I'm thinking about getting a screen cover but I'm not sure how much it will help. I wish I had gotten the glowlight or one of the other already matte type screened nooks. Otherwise its a great e-reader!

Pros of the Samsung Nook: It's like a tablet! I call it my iPad. You can search the web on it just like a tablet.

Cons of the Samsung Nook: LED screen makes it impossible to see in the sun.
mariapaton
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by mariapaton »

Does anyone have one of the Samsung nooks? How does it differ from the Nook HD 7 inch? I want to give it to my cousin
Mandy Parker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mandy Parker »

After using it for a month now, I find Samsung Nook more convenient than the Nook color because I can easily download books I want to read even TV episodes. It also comes with GPS and a Micro USB port, you can even use it as your remote control.
Twiggy2

Post by Twiggy2 »

I have a 7 in Samsung tablet w/WiFi. I love it was a present from my girls. I've had it for about 4 yrs and no troubles so far. I have the Barnes and nobles app on it and I can add or delete books, movies or magazines. I did have a 9 in nook tablet, but I had more troubles with it than the samsung
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

The Samsung nook is the best one and also the value for the money for its great features.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

My only concern with getting one would be the fact that it's a Samsung. I have had nothing but issues with Samsung branded devices, and generally just don't want the brand in my house any longer at this point.
dylz-bookworm

Post by dylz-bookworm »

sahmoun2778 wrote: 20 Nov 2014, 17:09 Does anyone have one of the Samsung nooks? I'm thinking about getting one for my husband. How does it differ from Nook Color?
I've had the Samsung Nook for a while and I have been loving it. The genuine leather-textured paper like is amazing, makes me feel like I'm reading a physical book. I think in terms of differences the Nook Color has a tabbed interface with basic features like rotating screens and zooming but not as many customization options, it's more of an electronic reader than an e-reader. The Nook Color never needs charging or turning on while the new Nook does need power nearby to function. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”