Nook Tips and Tricks

Use this forum to discuss the Nook by Barnes and Noble. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Nook, deciding which nook to buy, or you already have a Nook and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Nooks.
thegiltyone
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegiltyone.html
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera

Nook Tips and Tricks

Post by thegiltyone »

I have a Nook HD+ and I absolutely love it. This is hopefully a thread where people can talk about their Nooks and share little hints. Like screenshots. Press and hold the N at the bottom of the device and the volume down button AT THE SAME TIME for a snapshot.

Also, the best ereader I have found (app-wise) is called UB reader, Universal Book reader. It finds and collects all epubs and pdfs on your device and puts them in once place.
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera
tanya+yeah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tanya+yeah »

Really? Very cool. I knew I should have attended that free Nook class; it is so much more than just a reader, but that is still all I use it for most of the time...and to entertain my son with children s apps. :)
alr5008

Post by alr5008 »

I never knew this. I will have to try it. I use my Nook daily, not just for reading, but I am hooked on a few games. I just like to be able to check the web and my email from wherever I'm sitting without having to turn on my computer. The only thing I wish it could do is to take pictures. Does anybody out there know if there is a newer Nook that can do this? I have the Nook HD+. Thanks ahead of time.
ThosHowellBookReview
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Black Hills
Currently Reading: Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoshowellbookreview.html
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ThosHowellBookReview »

I use a Nook Color. Like air5008, I like to read eBooks and check my email. I also make my own epub files on my desktop computer, hook the nook up with a USB connection, and drag and drop my homemade eBook onto my Nook reader. Worked perfectly first time I tried it.
librarydancer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-librarydancer.html

Post by librarydancer »

I love my Nook HD as well. Suggestions for increasing the volume options for audio books without having to pay for an expensive speaker? Some of the audiobooks on Overdrive are difficult to hear.
crawl22

Post by crawl22 »

Hello, I just got a nook. First time getting any type of eReader. I just had a question. Can I download books from my computer if I already have them? Or do you have to get them from online and re-buy them from the barnes and nobles site? Or, if I find them free online from another site and download them, can I do that?
Thank you in advance.
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

I've also experienced poor sound on my Nook Hd. I mostly read free books downloaded from Google. The last I read was Treasure Island, which was really good.
blueskylover

Post by blueskylover »

This is more of a tip for any e-reader users, but BookBub is by far the best way to buy e-books for cheap. When you make an account, the website asks for your reading style and favorite genre. Then, it sends you emails every day with recommendations of ebooks for crazy cheap prices, or even free books. Though the daily emails can become overwhelming (just turn them off), the website itself is wonderful to scroll through every few weeks to stock up on books. I definitely recommend it.

Book sales are available for Nook, Kindle, iBooks, Google Play, and Kobo.
AbbyJo78

Post by AbbyJo78 »

I agree with blueskylover! Bookbub is by far the best way to buy free or cheap books in the genre you love to read!
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

blueskylover wrote:This is more of a tip for any e-reader users, but BookBub is by far the best way to buy e-books for cheap. When you make an account, the website asks for your reading style and favorite genre. Then, it sends you emails every day with recommendations of ebooks for crazy cheap prices, or even free books. Though the daily emails can become overwhelming (just turn them off), the website itself is wonderful to scroll through every few weeks to stock up on books. I definitely recommend it.

Book sales are available for Nook, Kindle, iBooks, Google Play, and Kobo.

Excellent tip thanks

Vermont Reviews
Bree Rip

Post by Bree Rip »

I love my Nook! I have one of the Tablets and I can't brag about it enough. While it does lack that "book" smell, it is much easier to carry around. I can dim the back-light for easy reading while my kids or hubby are sleeping nearby and not disturb anyone with an annoying book light. I also love that I don't have to use a book weight. Books are so easy to purchase, and I love the suggested books section! I always find something I can enjoy even when I went in unsure of what type of book I wanted to purchase! I can use my Barnes and Noble gift cards which is fantastic!

I think one of my favorite features though has to be the Nook App that I have downloaded on my phone! It saves me from having to carry my Nook tablet around in my already crammed diaper bag. I love that my bookmarks save between the App and the Tablet, so I never have to find what page I was on. The versatility is just fantastic! Not to mention it is amazing to be able to have a backup when the battery on my Nook Tablet dies and I've forgotten my charger.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Great review on the nook.
Vermont Reviews
Dondoug
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dondoug.html

Post by Dondoug »

Is there anything bad that anyonewould change about the nook?

Return to “Nook Discussion and Support”