Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Ruth Omonegho
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-omonegho.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Re: Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Post by Ruth Omonegho »

I wish I had come across this book earlier. There is so much financial information that will help even a pauper. There are so many things I didn't know when I was an employee. I just worked, made some money, took care of my family, saved a little and only started making plans for amassing wealth really late. If I had known, these plans for long-term financial stability would have started from the very first day I got employed.
Fareed Regal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Fareed Regal »

What the book does very well is make you understand that your career does not have to always be a one horse pony. We all go through different employment phases in our lives that are very closely linked to personal circumstances at a point in time. As our personal circumstances change we should be reconfiguring our career options. This includes the period during which you are going to be in retirement.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Yes, this book is a navigation guide around the sphere of employment. That is, understanding the merits and demerits. Appreciating the merits and finding ways to handle our so that they do not bring more baggage in our lives.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Dalia Chf »

All the things you are saying are very true. I'm 33 years old now and I wish I had a book like this one when I was in my twenties and getting ready to enter the real world. I really hope this books finds as many people as possible and helps them be less anxious about their future
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nweze-raalchukwu1.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nweze Raalchukwu1 »

I think with all the links tge author provided, the book can definitely help you I'm choosing the field best for you and getting a job.
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:

It might not help you directly in getting g a job ut the it will point you in the right direction
Nweze Raalchukwu1
Currently Reading:

It might not help you directly in getting g a job ut the it will point you in the right direction
Eruore Ekpoh
Favorite Book: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eruore-ekpoh.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Eruore Ekpoh »

I completely agree with you. I am still a student, and these questions have been on my mind. I am uncertain if the profession I am studying will cater to me in the long run or if I would be happy doing it.
Horlarmidey Harkinolah
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-horlarmidey-harkinolah.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Horlarmidey Harkinolah »

The pressure of being the firstborn child with siblings is more than enough but I can say this book has provided a sense of direction on how to balance one's life.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I think your struggle is one that a lot of us in developing countries are familiar with. I too was a bit shocked at the concept of picking a job in lime with your personality so that your working life is not constant misery. The concept still fascinates me, which was another reason that I absolutely loved this book.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Sally77motors wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 23:51 Yeah, it's true.
In opinion this book is not for adults who are 30 and above as the author said because this book can help the younger generation to avoid mistakes made by our predecessors. One can easily navigate employments by employing the information provided by the author in this book and make outstanding decisions when it comes to their jobs. And jobs don't have to be energy absolving, thereby leaving us empty but rather we get to enjoy our jobs.
Lauren_Lewis
Currently Reading: Beren and Lúthien
Bookshelf Size: 700
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-lewis.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lauren_Lewis »

I found this book really helped me to understand how important it is to find a balance between working for necessity and working for pleasure, or in most people's cases, working for necessity then having the time to pursue hobbies and other interests on the side. I find if you don't get the right balance then it can really affect your mental health in the sense that if you work in an unhappy job too much then you're likely to get depressed or develop anxiety etc. or on the other hand, if you spend too much time doing things you love without working, then you start to lose your sense of worth and feel paranoid whether you're contributing anything to society etc. There are many different ways to look at it.
JR Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-stephen.html
Latest Review: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow by P D Botha

Post by JR Stephen »

This book is indeed invaluable and it's not just for the older generation. It is valuable to the younger generation and helps to navigate the work environment from a younger age. I am so glad I read the book!
Kenny1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny1997.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kenny1997 »

This book will help greatly in finding a stable source of income and saving up while working
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 296
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Post by Mayang Bature »

I'm glad you can relate this to your life. I'm a student too and I've begun to think of how the rest of my life will be after graduation. The secret is to provide options for yourself and not blindly go for the job with the highest pay. Check the retirement benefits if they have any and weigh your options

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”