Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Alice Fu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: What Every Teen Should Know About Money, Accumulating Wealth and Becoming a Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-fu.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini

Re: Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Post by Alice Fu »

I completely agree with your point. As a young adult, it is very hard to feel a solid sense of right and wrong when it comes to career paths and looking down the road has often felt insanely daunting. Reading this book has given me a sense of understanding for how to best prepare for the future in case something goes wrong and its a lot more comforting to be introduced to concepts I would have no idea about other wise.
Shelby Ayres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

As a student who doesn't and has never had a typical nine to five but I have worked in customer service, I don't plan on looking at my job as something that's fun. At least not until I am able to do what I enjoy doing.
Smart Favour
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smart-favour.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Smart Favour »

Every book has a motivating quality. In addition to offering fresh ideas on life in general, this book encourages readers to pursue their professional goals.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Sally77motors wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 23:51 Yeah, it's true.
In opinion this book is not for adults who are 30 and above as the author said because this book can help the younger generation to avoid mistakes made by our predecessors. One can easily navigate employments by employing the information provided by the author in this book and make outstanding decisions when it comes to their jobs. And jobs don't have to be energy absolving, thereby leaving us empty but rather we get to enjoy our jobs.
Thank you very much for mentioning this, I definitely agree with you. I find the book best suited for youngsters too so that they will be able to know their options when they finally get to be in the work space. Being proactive has always been better than being reactive.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

makayla makhumalo wrote: 09 Jul 2022, 13:06 As a student the most daunting questions have always been:
where do we go after this ?
how do we navigate all of this?
What do i aspire to be ?
Is any of this going to make me happy?
With my background working has never been about happiness , joy in the workplace was not a realistic goal. Working and figuring out what to do with ones career was meant to be a meaningless and painful transaction one had to take part in to keep afloat, having a self employed father and a mother who did her uttermost best to make ends meet some how made things incredibly worse as income had to be something one had to sacrifice absolutely everything for even fundamental things like spending time with family .So with that my dad never spent much time at home nor did my mom ,which lead to misery , neglection and daddy issues .
honestly everything that could have gone wrong went wrong and knowing that one day i would have to be employed and financially stable enough to not only take care of myself but take care of other people as well became this increasingly overwhelming thing .The thought loomed over me for the rest of my life and so i spent most of my time wondering how i would break free from this toxic cycle my parents and previous generations had put us in by not adequately educating themselves and their children on the matters this book tackles .I am glad to have found this book and the newly found sense of direction that came with it.
I am glad this book was helpful for you. I learned that one should be resilient and not give up.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

I am in agreement. This book certainly serves the purpose of helping the younger generation better understand the importance of finance management and how to navigate it.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Adaeze BlessedMira Ibeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creative-lord.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Adaeze BlessedMira Ibeh »

I think the bigger problem is that schools don't prepare students for there labour force practically. So when they graduate and the pressures hit, they tend to relapse.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

The book taught me a lot about employment. It was very relatable to be as I am soon graduating form university and have to enter the professional world. It very nerve-wrecking and scary for me as I don't know what to expect. By reading this book, I learned a lot of valuable lessons and have a better sense of what to expect. In my opinion, all young adults and students need to read this book as it is very informative and useful.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

The one thing that seemed to be well illustrated in this book, in my opinion, was the importance of finding a job that you enjoy. I think many of us end up in dead-end, hand-to-mouth type of jobs while barely saving up and with little time to pursue anything else. I'd say this job half gave me the employment advice I had been missing out on for much of my youth. I am happy I read this book while I still had time to make impactful changes.
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

Every book has something inspiring about it. This book helps it's readers to gain encouragement in the field of employment as well as provide newer perspectives about life in general.
Sydney Ash
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-ash.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Sydney Ash »

Reading your life story was eye opening to me. I am extremely sorry you had to go through such a rough past. However, it is so great to hear that a book can help you secure a better future. I think a lot of young people out there struggle with similar things and having a book to help structure and lay out a chance for a successful future is really great.
Michael Valentine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-valentine.html
Latest Review: Diotima by Bernard Kuckuck

Post by Michael Valentine »

Your story is quite relatable. It's really hard trying to get an idea where you are faced in life. The pressure from family, relatives and parents most especially can be very daunting. I hope the younger generation read this book. It would really work.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

I have seen firsthand how that conceit called pension leaves a person broke and miserable. My father soaked all his life in work. For 35 years, he toiled, hoping that pension would take care of his old age. They pay you just enough to barely eat and wait for death. As for me, with the new knowledge gotten from this book, I would better navigate employment and make good choices for myself.
Mahwish Asgher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahwish-asgher.html
Latest Review: Orcas Forever by Marie-Paule Mahoney

Post by Mahwish Asgher »

I think the book is especially helpful for new entrants in workforce or even starting a business to reconfigure their working situation and plan well for the life after the retirement.
Beverly_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Beverly_Reads »

This book will go a long way in answering questions as to the next part and course to follow after high school. Cause it clearly puts employment and entrepreneurship on a scale for the reader to weigh and know what best works for them.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”