Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Favorite quote from "Reconfigurement"

Post by Marsha JJ »

What's your favorite quote or quotes from "Reconfigurement"? My favorite so far is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."
- I appreciate this idea because I believe in the strategy of integrating travel throughout your life, not waiting until you retire.
Anne Lucas
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-lucas.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Anne Lucas »

Marsha JJ wrote: 01 Jul 2022, 19:13 What's your favorite quote or quotes from "Reconfigurement"? My favorite so far is "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel."
- I appreciate this idea because I believe in the strategy of integrating travel throughout your life, not waiting until you retire.
I've to agree with you on this one... The concept of this quote about having 'Go-Go years' got me stuck on it for long. The part about traveling was my favorite in it.
:tiphat:
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I like the part where he speaks about the yin and yuan. I've always been taught that the yin/yuan represents good and evil. It was interesting to see it from a perspective where it represented danger/pain and opportunity. It gives the meaning a whole new perspective.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

My favorite quote from this book was that of Winston Churchill: "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death." I like this quote because it perfectly supports the author's idea of reconfiguring and molding people's lives and the need for a turning point in anyone's life.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

In a small village in rural Afghanistan, there lived a poor but wise farmer. One day his horse ran away. His neighbors came by to offer their sympathy, saying “what a terrible misfortune.” But the wise old farmer simply scuffed his feet in the soil and said “perhaps.” The next day the missing horse returned, leading an entire herd of beautiful wild horses. The neighbors came to celebrate, saying “how wonderful.” All the wise farmer said is, “perhaps.” And the next day, the farmer's only son went to tame one of the wild horses. In the process, he broke his leg. The neighbors all came by to commiserate, saying “how awful,” and again, the wise farmer only said, “perhaps.”

The next day, the forces of the local warlord came down to forcibly impress all the young men of the village and lead them to war, but because of his fractured leg, the farmer's son was left behind. Again, the neighbors came by to offer congratulations, but all the wise farmer said was, “perhaps.” The moral of this two-sided story is that all situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good.

Sorry it's so long, but I think the above is just such a wonderful combination of wise words and humour. It made me laugh but also think deeply about the moral it contains. Using that story was a great way to communicate something important to the reader. It's too good to forget. In the OBC interview with E. Alan Fleischauer he discloses how having a mild stroke helped him access his ability to write. He was able to see the potential for good within his own misfortune, so is sharing genuinely helpful advice.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

Mrs D O wrote: 02 Jul 2022, 11:50
In a small village in rural Afghanistan, there lived a poor but wise farmer. One day his horse ran away. His neighbors came by to offer their sympathy, saying “what a terrible misfortune.” But the wise old farmer simply scuffed his feet in the soil and said “perhaps.” The next day the missing horse returned, leading an entire herd of beautiful wild horses. The neighbors came to celebrate, saying “how wonderful.” All the wise farmer said is, “perhaps.” And the next day, the farmer's only son went to tame one of the wild horses. In the process, he broke his leg. The neighbors all came by to commiserate, saying “how awful,” and again, the wise farmer only said, “perhaps.”

The next day, the forces of the local warlord came down to forcibly impress all the young men of the village and lead them to war, but because of his fractured leg, the farmer's son was left behind. Again, the neighbors came by to offer congratulations, but all the wise farmer said was, “perhaps.” The moral of this two-sided story is that all situations, no matter how terrible they appear on surface, have within them the seeds and the potential for good.

Sorry it's so long, but I think the above is just such a wonderful combination of wise words and humour. It made me laugh but also think deeply about the moral it contains. Using that story was a great way to communicate something important to the reader. It's too good to forget. In the OBC interview with E. Alan Fleischauer he discloses how having a mild stroke helped him access his ability to write. He was able to see the potential for good within his own misfortune, so is sharing genuinely helpful advice.
Yes I love this story too!
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

My favourite quote is the one by Winston Churchill " Human beings are divided into three class of people: those who toiled to death, those who are worried to death and those who are bored to death."
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

The concept of the quote ' you have the go-go years, the slo-go years, and the no-go years, really got me thinking. I find it important to in corporate travelling in our lives.
Mehak_mattoo6
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mehak-mattoo6.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Mehak_mattoo6 »

My favourite quote has to be "You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel." People always wait around for the right opportunity and due to this, they lose their precious time.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

My favorite quotes are yin and yuan and the go-go years, the slo-go years, and the no-go year's.
From my perspective I see yin and yuan as rise and fall. These two quotes kept me thinking trying to picture the complete meaning of these quotes.
Lulu Efobi
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathy-eyam-frank.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Lulu Efobi »

My favorite quote is the yin and yuan. I believe that we all rise and sometimes we fall. This is just the general perspective of life.
Perfect Ojonugwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-perfect-ojonugwa.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Perfect Ojonugwa »

Winston Churchill said, "Broadly speaking, human beings may be divided into three classes: those who are toiled to death, those who are worried to death, and those who are bored to death." This was my favorite quote from the book. This quotation appeals to me because it aptly illustrates the author's thesis about how people's lives may be rearranged and molded as well as the necessity of a turning point in everyone's life.
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

My favorite quote is “You have go-go years, slo-go years and no-go years. Guess what, the no-go years are not when you travel.” I find this quite helpful as it lets me know that it's not only by traveling I can enjoy my life.
Ayomidekenny2
Currently Reading: Great Awakening
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayomidekenny2.html
Latest Review: Addressing Systemic Discrimination by Reframing the Problem by Dr. Frank L. Douglas

Post by Ayomidekenny2 »

My favourite quote: "the financial industry is content to encourage us to work hard, save hard and invest as much as we can. Which is all good, but only to a point"
Similoluwa Odumuyiwa
Favorite Book: Wild World
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-similoluwa-odumuyiwa.html
Latest Review: Midnight On Mars by Marie Montine

Post by Similoluwa Odumuyiwa »

My favourite quote is the one by Winston Churchill " Human beings are divided into three class of people: those who toiled to death, those who are worried to death and those who are bored to death." It goes perfectly with the concept

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”