Reconfigurement outside the US

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Reconfigurement outside the US

Post by Meenahhhh »

The book is primarily written and addressed to readers who live in the United States. Could the lessons in the book be applied where you live? And how?
Nyam Bura
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyam-bura.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nyam Bura »

From the sample I have read, it is already possible for me to see how I can apply this information in my life. Even if I don't live in the U.S, we are all going through the same financial crisis and we all wonder about the future. I believe this book can help anyone no matter where you live.
Amberly Ayra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amberly-ayra.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Amberly Ayra »

I am Mexican. In Mexico the mentality is different. People do not usually think about the future, nor do they look for options. I think part of it is due to lack of motivation. Books for more diverse audiences are needed. That is why I think that a Spanish translation would be a good option to share a positive message.
Emerizx
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emerizx.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Emerizx »

In Nigeria, people tend not to pay attention to their future structuring. The truth of the matter irrespective of the country, people spend their entire life operating only on the present without thinking about their future goals.
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

In addition to being applicable to those currently outside the U.S., reconfigurement could also include plans for U.S. citizens to consider an expat retirement strategy. Many people are considering options that may be outside of their own country due to various factors such as expense, weather, lifestyle, and health care options elsewhere. Then of course, there's the gelato in Italy to consider....
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

This is a very good question as I was wondering the same thing too as I live outside the USA. But the topics covered in the book are really universal - planning, a career you love - having fun while at it - retirement - all things that should apply to us all really, wherever we may find ourselves!
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

This book is applicable to persons outside the US. Being in a job you love and planning for retirement is something significant to everyone around the world. Personally in my country Uganda, most people find themselves retiring with no money but several taxes to be paid. They therefore start living in the villages where standards of living are very poor. I bet reaching this book would largely open minds of several individuals, and they would plan for their future; hence they do not suffer during retirement age but have the best time of their lives
Poetic Justice
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

I think the principles of this book can be useful for anyone around the world. Different countries have different social security systems, some vary more than the others, but at the end, what applies everywhere is that individuals need to take charge of their own future. This book seems to be a good one in providing tools for that.
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Ebi Robert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebi-robert.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Ebi Robert »

The book very much applies outside the US. Using Nigeria where I am from, there are many retirees who return home without a proper plan. There is need for some sort of education for such persons. This book qualifies as one. The planning advice is one that can be beneficial to everyone out there, even outside the US.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Definitely, retirement plans are trendy in the Caribbean. We are urged to save during our working years to have a hassle-free retirement. This book examines retirement's before- and after-plans.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

In my country. We all have the same retirement plan. A certain amount of money getd deducted from ur salary every month untill the age of 60 then u can retire and get ur retirement money in sections every month as a retirement salary from the government
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Sabahat Kamran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabahat-kamran.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sabahat Kamran »

From someone living in the UK, I definitely think the lessons in this book could be applied outside of the US. The idea of retirement and doing what you love for a living are universal concepts, so despite the book being geared towards Americans, I do think everyone can get something out of it.
Sara Scott
Favorite Book: The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
Currently Reading: Marilyn Manson & Me
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-scott.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sara Scott »

I feel that we Canadians are pretty close to American culture and ways of thinking.
This is certainly helpful for those of us up North!
Mbali Qalinge
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: He
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbali-qalinge.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mbali Qalinge »

The lessons can be applied in my own country. Financial literacy isn't so encouraged around us; many retirees have no plans and are very dependent on others.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones by Chris Reynolds

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

From what I have read of the book, if you substitute the names for the methods of saving for retirement (e.g. 401k for company pension), it is still very applicable to the UK and I would have thought wider, although I appreciate different cultures have very different approaches. In general though, the points made can be read across and used for retirement planning outside of the US.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”